41. Knock before entering

How much Hux despised Ren, he had to keep up his standards, he had to thank Ren for helping out (Y/n). He was already at the door, took a deep breath, tried to stay calm, and entered to code to the lock.

"Ren, I need to-." Hux made a mistake by forgetting to knock before entering, so Ren wasn't prepared for any visitors.
On the contrary, he had just taken a shower and had only his trousers on, which meant he stood shirtless, his hair still damp.
"This is highly inappropriate," snarled Hux.
Ren suppressed the urge to roll his eyes. "You cannot seriously think I wanted you to see me half naked? This is reserved, and certainly not for you." Ren knew he usually wouldn't utter things like that, but he'd say anything to enrage Hux.
"I'm sure it is." Hux snorted.
"What else did you expect to see when you unannounced entered my private quarters?" Ren couldn't suppress his smirk, oh how he loved to tease the General.
But of course Hux had a comeback. "I don't know, a brooding man, gloomily hiding away in his room, contemplating why his parents ever gave him away," he answered dryly, too indifferent about the painful matter. Hux could no longer bare to watch Ren's exaggeratedly muscular chest and turned around. Instead he saw something else worth worrying about. "Since when are your seats replaced for a cou- wait that's my couch!" The General's voice shot up in distress, which was something that often happened when he felt a great sense of disagreement.
Hux didn't have to look at Ren to know he was smirking 'generously' and knowingly. "Well, I found it between some other items, desks and cabins-."
Hux interrupted him, "that's because my office had to be repaired, since you were the one who destroyed it! Again!" He turned around to face Ren, thank the Supreme Leader he was not shirtless anymore. The General pointed with his finger at Ren's chest, "you-you insufferable chi-." He managed to stop mid-sentence and pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. He would not give Ren the pleasure of making him angry.
Hux stepped back. "I am here to thank you. You did good Ren, for once in your life you did something good. You kept (Y/n) safe and managed to give back her position."
Of course, the child that he is, Ren couldn't just accept the compliment. The only one in his life he would ever get from Hux.
The smirk on Ren's face disappeared. "I acted right indeed, which I can't say of you. You couldn't even protect her."
Saying that, he turned around and placed his helmet on his head. "I need to train, you could use some training too."
He left the General alone in the darkened room, leaving him very, very frustrated.
Hux didn't know how much longer he could stick to the plan...

(Y/n) PoV
  I was fixing a cabin in Kylo Ren's private quarters, and no, it wasn't his fault this time. I heard rumours it was someone else who did it. I could see the tracks where someone punched the cabin door hard enough to create a hole. I had to remove the entire door and replace it with a new one.
I was just preparing the hinges for the new door when a familiar trooper came in. "Hey, Angel."
Angel took off her helmet. "How nice to see you're alive and free, even back to work again." She patted my shoulder, friendly.
I smiled at her. "Glad indeed. And how are you doing?"
Angel watched me work while speaking, she really loved to talk. "Well you know, smuggling extra food for prisoners etc. Oh and before I forget, the AR is doing great, we have like 10 members now!"
You might think that ten's a small number, but for a secret group within the First Order, it's a lot.
I only nodded as Angel continued. "You told me you'd join the AR if you got free, and look, you're free." She smirk-smiled.
The irony, I got freed by Kylo, and now I had to join an Anti-Ren group.
I know I could just say no, but I didn't want to lose my only 'normal' friend.
"Okay, I'm in." I felt sort of bad for Kylo. And the fact I was participating in something so childish didn't really help either. But I deserve a little fun too, right?
"You need to prove it," stated Angel.
"How?"
She handed me a carving tool that was meant for carving the wood, might the door not fit correctly. "Carve something in the cabin door."
  I looked at the tool in my hand, it was so easy to just... "But-."
Angel interrupted me with a risen eyebrow. "But what? You are against Ren, right? And no one will know you did it. Or are you too afraid?" She said the last sentence with tease, in a friendly way.
"Of course I'm not afraid." I knew it wasn't the right thing to do, but I did it anyway. I took the tool and carved in the inside of the door: 'Kylo Ren straight up sucks.'
Angel excitedly clapped her hands. "Yeah, that's how it's done!"
I finished the door and stood up straight, stretching my back. I really hoped Kylo wouldn't find out, I had already disobeyed him by not destroying the kyberdust and now I had carved something in his cabin door.
"Why are you here in the first place anyways?" I asked Angel in order to change the topic.
"Oh yeah, I had to fetch you for the Supreme Leader. He's here to see the base or something and wants to talk with the main designer, which is you." She said airily.

Fuck.