What's in a name?? Dillon..

I am 38, a receptionist, having a wife who never stops talking, an eight year old girl whose next mischief is always round the corner and an over-smart father-in-law, who keeps on poking his nose in my affairs. My official name is Dillon. You might be wondering, why I am using the word 'official'? Well, the reason is that I am deeply in names & characters. The only good habit that I have from a very small age is that of reading; in my snarly father-in-law's words,"the only good act your oldies did apart from making you marrying an Indian girl, was giving you a taste of books." On numerous occasions, I have been jealous of other people names, especially the name 'Mark'. Now the name 'Mark' has got a cool vibe attached to it. It is neither too formal like a 'Robert' or too casual like a 'Ben'. It is just right! During my sophomore, all the girls that I liked were taken by a boy named "guess what was his name"? Yes, his name was 'Mark', the cool, savvy 'Mark'. Who was I? I was the average boy, not because of my average looks but because of an average name- Dillon. My name sounds like a coconut has fallen on an idiot's head. Have you ever heard or seen a guy walking with a swagger whose name is Dillon. Even a stupid name like 'Tom' is way ahead of a Dillon.

My friends have reminded me numerous times about the fantastic name my wife has got. Tania, you see, Tania, it has a zing & a peppiness to it, almost a rustic Russian appeal, just replace her 'I'with a 'Y'! Even though she might be the most talkative person of this entire Milky Way, I am lucky to have her. Just imagine a Dillon with a Tania. It sounds like a cauliflower has wedded a Blueberry Scone! It was just not possible for her not to be beautiful, how can a Tania not be beautiful? On the other hand, it is very difficult for a Dillon to be decent, leave alone handsome! I have always thought of her as to be a little cracked on the top floor, as in how a Tania can marry a Dillon, when Dillon is a receptionist and Dillon's father retired having half of what Dillon is presently earning. Although, my parents who are no more now, were themselves named "Albert" & "Marie". Just imagine somebody trying to befriend Albert & Marie. I feel they married each other, just because nobody liked their names. 

That's why I named my daughter "Zoe". My father-in-law was trying to name her 'Barbara'. I was pretty pissed at him, named his daughter an 'A' grade Tania and is giving mine a lowly 'C' with Barbara. No, it had to be perfect. Zoe is sharp, feminine, enticing and yet, will keep the bad boys at bay in college. So when anybody tries to put you down with the famous Shakespearean "What's in a name" line, just answer them-Dillon!! 

Woahh..who is this person looking all serious on the cover of this book? Let me read this book!