A Tryst 1

Dillon's face turned warm as soon as he heard his daughter talking about his love affair.

"No, no, don't say that! Princess, I was just writing a story, a book, a story book."

"Like Cinderella, daddy?"

"Yes, Like Cinderella, my princess."

"Ok daddy! What is it daddy?"

"What is what princess?"

"What is it that you wanted to tell me daddy?"

"Oh, yes, I wanted to tell you that you are the most beautiful creature on this planet, my princess."

Dillon was still in shock about the secret that was on the verge of being revealed by his little one. 

No, how could she, she is just eight...or nine...whatever but..still...I have to be more careful now.

"Tania....Tania!"

Tania was busy changing into her night gown, when she heard her husband shouting her name. 

Thankfully, his tone is a little sombre now. It is surprising that during the day, he was just argumentative and still so annoying & different. Now even though he is shouting, his tone is a bit dull. Looks like somebody's day is coming to a rest.

"Coming D, hold on for a sec."

I should make sure that the truth doesn't come out. I would change the password of my laptop too

"Yes, D! Why were you shouting?"

"Tania, today I lost my job. I know that...listen to me before you get angry or something, they were really ridiculing me and the truth is that the company was not getting much business, so they fired me."

It took some time for Tania to sink down this knowledge. After D's accident an year ago, it was for the very first time that they had started keeping their heads over fairly well. Now without his job, it was going to be difficult. However, Tania had started her own food blog and to their luck, she had started making a neat sum. 

"I have seen that from the time I have started earning, you have been pretty open minded about your job."

"Yes, yes, I have been open minded but it doesn't mean that I wanted to lose my job?"

"Why were you fired- because they were ridiculing you or because the business was in tatters?"

Dillon had no definitive answers to the aforementioned question and thus, took some time in answering it.

"The business was not doing well and thus, they were frustrated and their behaviour went south. So, they kicked me!"

"Their behaviour went south and they kicked you. What did they do to the others?"

"What do you mean, what did they do to the others?", asked  Dillon, fully understanding what his wife wanted to know but kept her at bay, so that he could come up with something for the time being. 

"I asked you a very simple question, forget it."

"No, no, this isn't on me. Please ask me whatever you want to ask. I am not hiding anything."

"No D, forget it."

"No, no, tell me, ok, I understand that you want to ask what happened to my colleagues, isn't it?"

After a very long hush and a longer breath, Tania nodded her head in the affirmative.

"Actually, I didn't know about the others but just a few minutes back, Ronald sent a message saying everybody was fired."

Tania knew her husband was lying but her defence mechanism was to ignore his lies and to interpret them as truth. 

"I promise, I will get a better job this time!"

He used to be such a wonderful photographer before the accident but look at him now. I shouldn't pressurise him. Let him do whatever he wants!

"Don't worry, take your time D. My blog will keep us afloat!"

With these words, she kissed on his forehead and threw herself on her side of the bed.

That was what Dillon was waiting for. He opened his mac and logged into a purple looking portal. There an unread message was waiting for him.

YYEGARRD "NEWNWEFN FWEIFJ HYKHT HVV!"

"I love you too. YYEGARRD!", murmured Dillon!