Chapter 7

Alexander's POV

While Talia went to change, we started discussing business. Although we each had our own companies, they are all connected to each other making us potential business partners. Considering the relationship our grandparents had, it's always been this way.

"So, any news on the deal?" asked Gabriel.

"We're close to finalizing the deal but they want the money beforehand," I say.

"Okay then. But we need to know why they're bringing it onto the table." Gabriel said.

"They want to continue their work on already successful places. Buildings with over 80 floors. Skyscrapers." I say.

"And?" Gabriel said while crossing his arms.

"I want to work on places we haven't covered yet. Places with potential. Myanmar for example. The country has beautiful sceneries. The growth rate is high too. People are far behind but catch on fast. It just needs a little push but in time it's going to be great. With fast improvement rates, we can make it big in no time." I said.

"I like what you're saying. It could work. I'll inform my dad about it." Gabriel says.

Gabriel and I click together like legos. He's more of the serious type of the group and gets the job done. He might not show emotions that much but you know he cares about you.

As we continued talking, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. All of our eyes went up to the person on the stairs. Talia has dressed in a pair of jeans and a light-colored T-shirt. She paired it off with a white leather jacket and some boots. She looked gorgeous as always.

"Hey you ready?" asked Tyler.

"Yup," she says as she skipped down the stairs.

I walked over to Nathan and put my hand on his shoulders.

"Take care of her okay? Don't let her out of your sight." I say.

"Don't worry, she's in good hands," Nathan replied.

"You guys go. I need to stay here with Alex for company stuff." Gabriel says.

"Oh? Okay then. Good luck." Talia says while kissing Gabriel's cheek. She walked over to me and kissed mine too.

Soon, Nathan's red Maserati zoomed off into the road.

I looked over and saw Gabriel smirking at me. I knew what he was referring to and smirked back. 

If only Talia knew what we were thinking in our heads.

Oh, Talia. Ever so innocent. It gives people more advantage to use her but it also gives us more reasons to protect her.

And boy do I like the job of protecting her.