She's in pain

Chapter 5

Author's POV

Manya woke up after sleep. She wanted to use washroom so she was struggling to get up. After trying many times she didn't succeed. Her body felt numb and sore because of no physical movement in last one month.

Manya started crying on her condition. Arjun was going towards Manya's room to bring her down for dinner.

He was shocked to see her crying. He worriedly took steps towards her.

"What happened Manya ? Why are you crying ? Are you hurt ? You need help?
You have pain somewhere? Tell me dear." Arjun asked in panick and side hugged her, caressing her shoulder to calm her.

After listen Arjun Manya calmed down a bit and her crying reduced to little sobs.

Arjun caressed her shoulder to calm her down while saying soothing words.

"What happened Manya?" Arjun asked when she stopped crying.

"I.. want to use.. washroom..
but I couldn't... get up on... my own."
Manya said while sttutrring and tears in her eyes.

"Oh, manya, don't worry you have weakness. You will be fine soon. And if you wanted something why didn't tell your nurse. She was..."

Arjun stopped when he noticed that the nurse was not there. He felt angry on that nurse but calmed down when he noticed Manya looking at him with fear.

Arjun called the maid and asked her to help Manya. He went out and was telling about what happened to his parents when the nurse entered the hall.

"Where the hell were you?" Arjun asked with anger.

"Sorry sir, I had got a call. I didn't want to disturb mam so I went out of the room. Sorry sir, please don't complaint or fire me. I won't repeat it again. I am really sorry." Nurse said with a pleading face.

Arjun was saying something to her when Deepika interupted him.

"Its okay Arjun. She will not repeat it. Forgive her."

"No mom... manya was crying because she couldn't get up by herself. And that was because she left Manya alone." Arjun said with little high voice.

"Forgive her only for this time Arjun." Said Nishant.

"You go and help Manya and don't leave her for a minute. You understand ? And don't repeat your mistake. You may go now." Said Nishant with authority.

"Go get Manya down arjun. She will feel better." said Deepika.

Arjun nodded and made her way towards Manya's room. He knocked the door and entered. Manya was sitting in her bed and looking down at her hands on her lap.

"You ok now, little one?" Arjun asked Manya.

Manya only nodded.

"Come, let's go and have dinner with everyone."

Arjun lift her in his arms and took her downstairs. At the foot of the stairs he placed her on wheel chair and took her to the dining room.

Arjun sat beside her on the dining table. Deepika set the plate infront of her and sat beside Manya's right seat and forwarded a morsel near Manya's mouth to feed her. Manya looked at Deepika and tears filled her eyes. She started crying.

"Why are you all doing this? I have nothing to give you except pain. Why you are giving me so much love and care? I don't deserve anything. I am not worth it. Please don't waste your time on me. I am only a budern on you all like I was on my own family." Manya said all of a sudden, crying.

They will all looking at Manya in shock. Hearing Manya's words Deepika felt tears in her eyes.

"Manya... Child why are you thinking like that ? You are not a burden for us. Who said you don't deserve anyone's love ? You are like our daughter."

"No you shouldn't do anything for me. I am a bad omen who would destroy your happy life. Please leave me. I want to die. I can't make anyone happy. Please I don't want to live." Manya said with crying loudly.

"I don't deserve someone like you all. I will destroy your happinesses. Please I beg you. Please leave me on my own."
she said crying.

Arjun, Deepika and Nishant were shocked to see Manya's state. Deepika was also crying at Manya's outburst. Nishant was consoling his wife. Arjun also had tears in his eyes after listening her. He was looking at her with a painful expression.

Manya was blabbering something in low voice and continuously crying. Suddenly she felt dizzy, her throat dry. Her head was throbbing with a sharp pain. She held her head, suddenly black dots appeared and she got unconscious.

They looked at Manya and panicked and rushed towards her. They tried to wake her up but she was not responding. Arjun immidiately carried her to her room while Nishant called the doctor.

After checking Manya up, the doctor told them that she has stressed her mind and then she felt pain in her head and got unconscious.

"But don't worry. I've given her injection. She'll become conscious soon. But don't put pressure on her mind. She is weak."

Doctor asked them what happened that Manya stressed her mind. They told him about her behavior.

"I think she is depressed. You should give her some time and please contact a psychiatrist who might be able to help her to come out of depression. I think she is suffering from this for a long time. You said she said, she wanted to die. So I suggest you to take care of her, treat her with love and calmness. And please contact a psychiatrist."

After the doctor left all were sitting in living room. Manya was still unconscious.

She is in so much pain. She is suffering depression. This is all because of her family. I can't understand why a family dislikes it's own daughter and cause her so much pain that she wanted to end herself. And she was thinking so negative about herself." said Arjun with pain and anger.

"I think we should contact Shobha. She would be good for Manya's treatment. She will understand her well. And she is your best friend. We can tell her all the things about Manya. After that, we will do what she would suggest for Manya." Said Nishant.

"Nishant I don't want to lose my Misha again. Please save her. I want to see my little flower happy and fine. Please do something." Said a crying Deepika.

"Don't worry mom. she will be fine soon. I also can't see my sister in pain. We will do something for her. And please call Shobha aunty and tell her we want to meet her." Arjun said and hugged his crying mother.

***************

How was the chapter?

I hope you all like it.

This is my first attempt at write a story. Please vote and share. Don't be a silent reader.

Thank you for reading.