Love Strings: Angie and Mike's Story

June 2nd 2021

Can one night together be enough to sustain months apart?

Angie's attraction to Mike is instant and mutual and leads them to an evening full of heated conversations and even more heated night. It bursts open a deeper level of emotions Angie has never experienced and she is eager to spend more time with the magic Mike has wielded over her.

The minute Mike leaves, Angie receives news her dream job of opening for a popular rock group is becoming a reality and she has to start right away.That begins a long-distance romance that tests the physical, mental and creative limits of loving someone who isn't near you.

This novel is a lust to friends to love romance with a lot of music and some lyrics. But it also contains cursing, touches on alcohol and substance abuse, mental and physical wellbeing, and there is a mention of a car accident (not graphic or significant but present). Please do not read if any of these topics are triggering for you.

UPDATES once a week on Sundays.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chapter 1

None of this would've happened if they would've let me live with them for another year, or three, who is counting? I know plenty of almost twenty-three-year-olds who live with their parents who did not kick them out or deprived them of free laundr...

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

None of this would've happened if they would've let me live with them for another year, or three, who is counting? I know plenty of almost twenty-three-year-olds who live with their parents who did not kick them out or deprived them of free laundry services, fully stocked fridge, and regularly appearing cooked food. Why do I have to waste the rare days I spend in Chicago on the lunacy adulting in the twenty-first century has become? Even after discovering their present to themselves for the twenty-fifth wedding anniversary was a hasty conversion of my perfect teal bedroom into a boring beige exercise room, I presented my parents with all expenses paid week-long Caribbean cruise and plane tickets.

That earned me a few tears and a proclamation of having raised the best daughter in Chicago. I would've upgraded their seats to first class if I didn't have to spend the extra money on rent and utilities for the apartment my roomie Amelie and I now share. Why is any of it important? If not for my parents' insane belief in my perpetual inability to take care of myself, that triggered my buying them the fateful cruise tickets to prove the depth of my impressive savings account. If not for that, I would not have been alone for Thanksgiving for the first time in my life. If not for that, I would not have been invited to join Amelie's boyfriend's parents' Friendsgiving Bash. If not for that, I would not have been right here having the longest handshake in the history of humankind with this gorgeous hulk of a man, who must be a Greek God come to life.