Chapter 2: Imprisonment

;) Things are about to get wild.

************************************************************************

As soon as"David Star" ended the call and placed the phone back on his desk, it started to ring again.

            He ignored it, casually unbuttoning his shirt, and leaning his upper thighs against the desk. I thought I was going to have a mini-heat flash the moment I saw a flash of his abs and mentally slapped myself in the face for the second time that day.

            With the attraction I had towards David, came pure rage. It wasn't even his abs I was looking at. It was a dead man's. That being said, those abs didn't even compare to a certain European bastard, if they still looked the same from thousands of years ago.

            Not that I cared...

            Soon his entire dress shirt was off, then thrown messily onto one of the many leather chairs in his office, and his naked, oh-so muscular chest as well as some fairly impressive biceps were exposed. I got the impression he was use to taking his shirt and tie off after I left, and as cryptic as it was, I had always pinned Death as one of those guys that walks around shirtless everywhere.

            David leaned over his desk again. His biceps and shoulder muscles flexed. I licked my lips. If I kept up my naughty thoughts, I would have been salivating excessively to the point that it was pouring out of my mouth, like Niagara Falls.

            This heightened attraction wasn't there before, I thought to myself. And I didn't like it one bit. It was just....dangerous to be that attracted to Death.

                        "David Star" started to look agitated as the phone rang on for the fifth time. He made a small grunting sound. Maybe I actually was watching an X rated film, after all.

            He finally gave in to the ringing and put it on speaker phone.

            "If I don't answer on the first ring, that usually means I don't want to talk," David snapped. "Why must you call at such inconvenient times?" He started walking away from the phone towards the far corner of the room. David had a hidden closet that appeared when he put in a code in the wall. One of them I had cracked when I was looking over his shoulder the first two months of work.

            Devin's voice was so liquidly smooth it seeped out of the television and coated the walls of the room. "Perhaps I should pre-warn you that your actions against the Guardians any discarded bodies that you leave are punishable by law. You have risked both exposure and harming the girl plenty of times thus far, but this is far worse than what you have done before."

            A cat-like grin lined David's mouth that made me shiver. "Why, I have no idea what you are talking about. I am very neat with my kills. I have a list, you know. It's actually a little outdated, more like a scroll."

            "You know damn well what I am talking about," Devin hissed. That version of Devin's voice terrified me even though I knew I wasn't in the room with him. "It was all over the freaking news. You left five bodies with their throats cut, laying in the middle of Burger King. Do you know how many of the Shadow I had to send to clean up that mess? To wipe every single one of the witnesses minds? And then there is John, Faith's Guardian angel. Funny, he has seemed to disappear off the face of the earth."

            "Dude, it was a long line to get food. I was having a sugar-low."

            "Don't you 'Dude' me, you moron." Devin's tone was tightly wound up. "What is your excuse for John?"