Chapter 14

Lorenzo's POV

For 13 long years, me and my brothers assumed our little sister was gone. The only aim of our lives was Vengeance. To avenge the death of our mother and sister. This was what we trained for. All our childhood and teenage went in training for this very day. But none of us were prepared for the shock we got today.
Our lives were consumed by darkness of this ruthless world who broke our family. But today, we found a ray of light. A little hope.

"Lei è viva, fratello." Matteo said with an almost tearful eyes. (She is alive, brother)

"Our Avy, our sorellina!" Marco said lowly.

"Come è possibile?" Romeo was sitting with his head in his hands. (How is it possible?)

Dante was standing, staring out of the window quietly while we were all sitting in Ava's old room.
That room was the place we used to spend time in when we wanted to remember her and Mama. That room also reminded us of our purpose.
Nothing was changed for that room in 13 years. But today, we found a hope of finding our sister.

I could feel the lump in my throat. Men don't cry, is what they say. That's bull. We just don't let out our emotions openly like the ladies. That doesn't mean we don't feel the pain. It's so untrue. Marco and Matteo were the youngest and closest to her. They couldn't control their emotions ever since they heard their baby sister is alive. I could feel Romeo getting impatient. Dante had been quiet for too long. And I had this emotional turmoil going on inside of me. But I knew I had to get hold of myself. This was certainly not the time to fall apart.

I stood up and cleared my throat, gathering everyone's attention.
"For all these years, we had lost any amount of hope from our lives. We lost hope of finding her 12 years ago. But today after all this time, we've got a lead. I don't know if it is true or not. All I know is that I had promised Papa, if there was even 1% chance of finding her even after failing a million times, I would chase the lead."
All of them nodded in agreement.

"If she is still alive out there, she needs us." Dante spoke up for the first time.

"I would kill any motherfucker who had dared to touch our Sorellina. I would burn all of them if I find even a scratch on her." Romeo growled, clenching his fists.

"What if she is in trouble?"

"We need to find her, fratello!" The twins were getting as impatient as Romeo.

"Who was that American fucker Ricci had mentioned?" Romeo asked Dante.

"Christopher Hunt." Dante replied with clenched teeth.

"Dante, I need you and Matteo to get all the information on him. I want to know every single detail of his pathetic life. We can't waste a single minute. We need to confirm that our sister is still alive." I commanded in my Capo voice.

"Romeo, Marco, start training. Get our men ready. If I found our sister any less than breathing and healthy, it's gonna be a bloodbath. Our revenge is not over."
They all nodded and went on their ways.

The huge frame of our last family photo, on the wall just in front of Ava's bed, caught my attention. I walked up to it. There she was sitting between Mama and Papa. With those big brown doe eyes, and that angelic smile. She looked just like our mother. 

In these 13 years, she must have grown up so much. Would she be looking exactly like our mother now? I'm sure she would be.

She was the heart of our family and my father's biggest weakness.

I promise father, I would bring her home.

I left her room and was heading towards my study when I saw Mrs. Bianchi waiting for me. Her eyes were red and puffy. Tears forming once again. She looked at me expectantly. She took my arms into hers and said, "Enzo, is it really true? We still have hope?"

"There is hope."

She closed her eyes and let the tears flow
down her wrinkled cheeks. I wiped them off with my thumbs.

"She would hate if you cry like this. The twins are already difficult to manage right now. We all are shaken. But you always have been there keeping us strong and together. You can't fall weak now." I tried.

"I know. I know. Trovala, Enzo. Portala a casa." She begged me. (Find her, Enzo. Bring her home)
"Sì" (Yes.)

2 hours later, Dante and Matteo entered my study with information on Hunt.
"Christopher Hunt. 55 years old. Killed his own wife after getting hands on her father's business and property. Has a son with her, Arthur Hunt. 25 years old. He is a psychopath. No other family. They live in Long Island, USA. The details about his business legal and illegal is in all in this." Dante handed me the file.
My eyes scanned through it.

"He is a scheming, power-hungry bastard. He has killed all those who came in his way. Treats people like slaves. Thinks himself as the king of the fucking world." Matteo explained.

"He must have made a lot of enemies. Enemy of our enemy is a friend, fratello" Dante pointed out.

"Exactly. Dig deeper. Find his biggest enemy. It's time to make some American Allies."
They nodded in agreement.

"What about Ava? Did you find anything on her?" I asked them.

"Niente. It's like she does not exist. And if she does, Hunt has gone lengths to keep her identity hidden." (Nothing)
The thought of her being imprisoned like a slave made my blood boil.

"The only way to find her is if he willingly shows her off to the world. Or else we'll have to finish him to find her." said Dante.

"Alright. Find his enemies. All of them. I need details about each and every one of them, Matteo. And Dante, I need you to make arrangements. We are all going to America. Don't forget to keep a low profile. We cannot afford to alert him."

Stiamo venendo per te, sorellina.
(We are coming for you, little sister.)