Chapter Three: Stories And Planning

Harry's thoughts were everywhere. Not only did he find himself in confusion, but he felt as if he had been slapped in the face by fate. His parents were alive right now. He had practically died, and then him and his friends had been sent to the past. Could this day get any weirder? He pondered. Harry didn't even notice James when he got to the Observatory.

Harry sighs looking off into the distance. "Something on your mind?" James asks. Harry jumped slightly to the sudden voice causing James to chuckle. "Don't worry. It's just me."

"Sorry. I didn't know you were up here." Harry apologizes.

"No no it's fine. Just came to clear my head is all." James assures. "What about you?"

"The same reason I guess. With everything that's happened, I just needed a moment to think I guess."

"I suppose that's one thing we have in common." James jokes. "With everything that's going on? I'm not entirely sure what to do." James fiddles with his glasses a bit.

Harry nods. "I understand that feeling." He says placing his hands onto the railing. "Especially these past three year's." Harry admits.

"Guess That should become a Potter trait then Eh?" James Jokes again. Harry laughs a little.

"I suppose your to blame then?" Harry jabs with a grin.

James chuckles. "Possibly."

In Dumbledore's office Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Sirius have tea while having a discussion. "So your telling me that Bellatrix was the one to kill me?" Sirius asks in disbelief.

"Yeah." Ron nods.

"How? I could beat five of her in a fight." Sirius claims. Ginny rolls her eyes at the statement.

Hermione sighs. "You were distracted dualing Lucius Malfoy alongside Harry." She explains. Sirius was about to say something then stopped nodding to the information with a sigh.

"Sir?" Ginny ask Dumbledore. "Why haven't you stopped us from revealing the future?" She asks. Hermione's eyes widened in terror. She had just told Sirius the exact way he died.

"It wouldn't matter if I did." Dumbledore states confusing everyone in the room. "You see, unlike when one uses a Time Turner you four are stuck here with no hope of return." He explains. "Your Vary being here has already changed history drastically even if you don't know it yet."

"Oh..." Ginny pales.

"You don't have to worry to much." Dumbledore assures. "Because of the situation that brought you here you yourselves are safe. Just remember, the timeline you came from has been erased. No one will know what happened there unless you tell it to people." He says. "Perhaps if you wanted, one of you could write the story down as a book. Tell the history of your pasts while making everyone believe they are reading fiction. An excellent way of teaching if say so myself."

Hermione frowns. "But sir, should we really do that?" She asks unsure. "I mean what if we tell people, or even try to change events ourselves only to make it worse?"

"Well Miss Granger, we'll never know without trying." Dumbledore states. "Besides, from what you told me, Lily and James are supposed to die tonight." Hermione's eyes widened. "Don't worry, Mrs. Potter is packing some things as we speak. She'll be here shortly."

Hermione sighs in relief. "So," Sirius asks. "Who can we trust?" Looking to the future dwellers.

Ron shuffles nervously. "W-well there is one person we know for a fact that betrayed Harry's parents and you." He says gaining a look of worry from Sirius. "It was a friend of yours."

"A friend?" Sirius asks one shock. "Who?"

"Peter Petagrue." Hermione answers. Sirius' eyes widened with shock and hurt. "He told You know who about the Potters and then framed you for his own death getting you sentenced for murder."

Sirius couldn't speak. He was shocked, hurt, and confused all at the same time. "Peter? W-w-we had suspected a traitor in the order but Peter?"

Hermione nods sadly. "I'm afraid so."

Dumbledore frowns at the news. "That's unfortunate." He says. "Then for tonight the Potters and you will sleep in the castle here where it's safe. Tomorrow we'll have you stay at the Potters mansion. Understood?" The group nods. "Good, well need to bring the Potters up to speed."