Chapter 24: A Kings Love

Katiea POV

I felt my eyes begin to tear up watching Smaug fly closer and closer. Bilbo placed his hand on my shoulder, "I'm sure Thorin will help them. Let's go talk to him." Bilbo said calmly. Damien flattened his wing to allow us on. We glided calmly back into Erabor where the dwarves where wandering around, looking at their home.

I got off and allowed Damien to wander on his own. I said goodbye to Bilbo and started searching for Thorin. I walked down the long corridors and marveled at the statues. I walked into the room full of Dwarvish treasure. I looked and saw Thorin dressed in Dwarf royalty robes and costs. I smiled slightly, "wow...he really looks like a king." I muttered. I jumped and slid down a pile of coins, easily gaining Thorin's attention. He smiled at me and came towards me. "Hello Thorin~ I need to talk to you" I said. "Hello my love," he said as he placed a hand on my cheek. I placed my hand on top of his and smiled. His eyes had a look of pure admiration and desire. I completely forgot what I originally wanted to speak to him about. I looked over his face, every feature. I also noticed his golden crown. "I like your crown," I said running my fingertips over his golden crown. "Thank you, oh...I found you something I think you'll like." He said before walking away. I looked curiously, "close your eyes." He said. I giggled and did as told. Suddenly I felt a cold chain being placed around my neck. "Okay...you can open now" I opened to see Thorin smiling like a dork. I looked down to be a silver necklace with a large emerald. "T-Thorin it's beautiful!" I said covering my mouth. He smiled, I laughed and turned, hugging him tightly. I let go and looked up at him. "Um...this is just a guess but does this place have a thrown room?" I asked. Thorin nodded, "would you like to see?" He asked. I nodded fast, utterly ecsited. He took my hand gently and led me up a flight of stairs. He led me through a large pain of double doors. I attempted to push them open, happily I managed to...little did I know Thorin pushed them open over my head so I didn't notice him, I turned and smiled at him. "And you call me weak!" I laughed, he smiled widely then turned me around to see a large thrown. "Whoa..." I whispered before running towards it. I touched the thrown lightly, "c-can I sit in it?" I asked, Thorin nodded. I sat on the thrown, obviously not for a girl my size because it was rather large. It's really big!" I giggled. Thorin nodded, "yes, but you wouldn't be sitting in it." He said. I cocked my head, "what do you mean?" I asked. "Well, you'd be sitting," he started as he scooped me into his arms then sat on the thrown, setting me on his lap. I wrapped one arm around his neck. "Here." He said. I laughed then layed my head on his shoulder. "I like this one better, it's cozier." I said. I felt his hand run up and down my hip. "You know, you could be with me like this everyday..." He said. I sat up and looked at him, he pulled my legs more up onto his lap, holding them with one hand and rubbed his thumb on my thigh. "What do you mean?" I asked. He placed his other hand around my neck and pulled me closer, placing a gentle kiss on my lips. He looked away then lifted me up, setting me back down on the thrown. I watched him as he slowly kneeled down and searched for something in his coat pocket. I felt my heard start to pound at the sight. My eyes widened as I saw what he pulled our of his pocket...a ring...a large ring with beautiful white gold and diamonds. "T-Thorin...." I whispered. "Seraphine Eithne....would you do me the honor...of being my lover, queen, and wife?" He asked looking at me. I couldn't even find words to speak. I slowly nodded in pure overwhelming emotions. "Yes...YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!" I screamed and flew off the thrown tackling him to the ground with a hug. I sat up, straddling his lap, he slipped the ring into my finger. I felt a tear slip down my cheek. Thorin smiled at me, "why are you crying my love?" He asked. I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes and said nothing, just pressed my lips to his. Our lips moved in perfect sync, it was pure bliss. I pulled away and smiled, "I've never been so happy in my life." I said looking at him. "Nether have I...never have I loved someone so much as well." Thorin said. I gently wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, I laid my head on his shoulder. I felt his nestle his face into my neck as he wrapped his arms around me. "U-uh Katiea?" I heard someone call me. I popped my head up and saw Bofur looking at Thorin and I...it was an odd scene...Thorin was sitting cross legged on the ground with me in his lap with my legs wrapped around his waits. "Y-yeah? Wait Bofur...if your here..." I stuttered as I stood up. "Am I interrupting something?" He asked. "Ye-" I jabbed Thorin to cut him off. "No! What do you need?" I asked. "It's Smaug, he's been shot down!" Bofur said. "What?!" Thorin and I said at the same time. "Yes!" Bofur said. Thorin and I jumped up and ran to the balcony above the large doors Smaug had broken down.

We stood with the rest of the dwarves, also finding Kili and Fili, with Kili healed. "Kili! Your okay!!!" I shrieked in delight as I hugged the prince. "Yes, I am!" He smiled and hugged me. I looked at Fili and hugged him as well. I looked at Laketown there indeed was no dragon. "Is he dead?" I asked. "Yes, he is" Dwalin said. I smiled and looked at Kili and Fili, "anything new?" I asked. "I'm not dying anymore! You?" He asked. "Nope, nothing new~" I smiled. "Your lying." Damien said appearing out of nowhere. "Y-you read my mind didn't you?" I asked. Damien nodded. "Well lass, tell us! What is it?" Bofur asked, the dwarves looking in curiosity. I looked at Thorin who raised and eyebrow and lifts my hand, showing my new ring. They all smiled, "you two getting married?!?" Ori said excited. I smiled and nodded. Dwalin patted my head, then shook Thorin's shoulder. "We shall celebrate!" Fili cheered. The dwarves cheered. I smiled and looked to Thorin, then suddenly felt Damien nudge me with his head. I turned and he pulled me with his sharp teeth. "Hey hey! Stop I'll follow. He lead me out of earshot of the dwarves. "What's wrong." I asked. "Seraphine...do you realize that when you marry the Dwarf King, you two will be eulling two kingdoms? The dwarves and the dragon riders must become one solid community?" He said. I sighed, "I completely forgot I'm a queen, well...will it be so bad that he is King for us?" I asked. Damien shook his head. "I'm not sure." He said. "I have an idea, how a ivy you fly back to Astarot and tell everyone the good news, yes?" I said. Damien nodded then suddenly took off flying over the dwarves and off into the sky. "Where is he going?" Thorin asked me. "To tell my people the news...you know Thorin...once we get married your not only the king of Erabor but you'll have to rule Astarot with me." I said. Thorin nodded, "I believe I can do that...though I have a feeling they'll choose to listen to you over me." He said. I laughed and nodded, "yeah, and here they'll most likely listen to you." I said. The dwarves nodded. I rolled my eyes, "well that settles that." I said.

"Come, we have much to do." Thorin said taking my hand. I followed my future husband, with the company in tow.