Chapter 3

I was in a daze when I woke up, everything was hazy and spinning in different directions. I blinked repeatedly to try to fix my vision, eventually it worked but I would have preferred to stay blinded by blurring vision. The Abenaki werewolve pack was around me, some in their human form and others in wolf form. I guess I had a bad reputation of running away or casuing a fight.

There were five members of the pack surrounding me as I shifted in the makeshift hay bed they had made for me or threw me into. It was warm and quiet in the barn, no other animals, maybe they had taken them out in fear of me eating them. I was so hungry I would eat horse or better yet one of these werewolves.

"Where am I?"

"You're in my barn." A tan muscular teenager stepped forward. The process to become a werewolf had them bulk up and grow faster than a growth spurt over night. Jett Colson, the leader of this pack, had been the one to attack me, almost breaking my neck.

When I tried to get up pain shot through my spine to the top of my head, crippling me to the ground. There was something rough on the back of my neck. A rough corse feeling tingled at my finger tips, the texture was odd to me -- foriegn almost.

"Why am I here?"

"We aren't allowed to harm humans, even if they are half breeds." One of the members spat behind me, what the hell is a half breed? I thought to myself but I let it slide. There was more pressing matters at hand, like what was trying to pound its way into my head. 

"So can I leave?" I ask knowing the answer would be a swift no.

"If you can." One of the members said, causing everyone to start whopping with laughter and a joke I didn't understand.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked the members.

"Exactly what I said."

"So I can leave?" I turned to Jett to make it clear who I was asking.

"Sure." Jett said, moving out of my way and showing me the door. "If you can get up and walk out, you're free to leave."

"Really? You're not playing some sick joke right?"

"What makes you think that I would do that, Sara?" He said with a sickening smirk on his lips that made my stomach churn.

"Because clearly someone hurt you and you feel the need to take it out on me!" I yelled, clearly hitting a cord with him as he tried to control his anger.

"You can't speak to him like that!!" I heard a few of them growl. It stopped when Jett waved his hand to tell them to shut it.

"I have no reason to hurt you. Sara. I have been informed you're under the protection of our tribe..." He growled from deep within his chest, showcasing his hatred of me. "Therefore we cannot harm you, and that we will be punished for hurting you before."

"Why am I under protection from your tribe?"

"I don't know. I was only told that you were put under our protection! Now shut up and leave!" He said forcing me from the chair I was in and shoving me toward the door. The second I took a step I realized why he had been so willing to let me leave, I couldn't walk without hurting and crippling myself.

"I can't make it to the door....." I said as I collapsed on the ground in pain. My legs were throbing like they had been crushed and finally had the pressure lifted, letting the blood flow return to them. My back was in intense pain, there was no way to lessen it no matter what position I layed in.  I put my hand to my head to ease the pain from the pounding and quickly pulled it away after feeling a warm liquid flow in between my fingers. 

"What.... what is this?" I asked myself, looking at the red ooze cover my hand.

"It's blood, looks like our half breed is going to have a lot to think about while she heals boys." Jett said with a smirk, making the rest of the pack laugh.

"I'm not a half breed!" I yelled.

"I've never met another vampire that could bleed. Trust me I've killed a lot of them." There was an evil smile placed on his lips as he spoke to me.

"Well have you ever seen a half breed do this?" I used as much of my energy as I could to try and teleport myself back home. I felt myself disappear from barn floor, the hay gone from my legs and replaced by cool grass.

Sara we are coming for you. Stay low the pack knows where you are, we will be there soon. Cole's thoughts streamed into my head, trying to calm me. I tried to move, but collasped at the thought. I gave up, there was nothing left in me.

I didn't hear them near me, but my energy was gone, there was nothing left in me except to lay on the grass and wait for either my family or the werewolves to find me again. I didn't know how far I teleported, I just knew I was far enough away to not hear the scramble of paws when the pack realized I had manage to escape.

I felt the same warm liquid travel down my back, my clothes felt like they were in tatters. Only portions  of my body felt like it was covered by a fabric. The other parts were being slightly burned from the sun penetrating through the small slits between the tree leaves.

I felt the sun come through the trees, warming my cooling skin and the area around me. The water of the river was babbling off in the distance, creating a relaxed feeling for me, or that could just be exhaustion. I felt my eye lids start to get heavier as I tried to stay awake. There was something coming, someone, but the steps weren't disinquishable to tell how it was. 

"Found her!" I heard a voice call through the deafing black of my vision.

"Take her back. We can deal with her there. There isn't anyway she'll be leaving again for a while though." 

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

So how about 5 votes and I won't  end the next chapter on a cliffhanger?