Chapter Six

The moment I said it, Susan stepping in front of Lucy.

"Tell Peter and Edmund," I said, "I need to talk to Aslan."

It felt weird not to call him 'dad', but he was still the mighty lion.

I ran as fast as I could in the dress, reaching Aslan's tent in seconds.

"I know," he said, seemingly reading my thoughts as he moved through the tent flaps, "Stay calm beside me."

I followed him out to where I could see the whole camp and the incoming witch, stood beside him, and then tried as hard as I could to stay calm.

"Bow before Jadis, Queen of Narnia, Empress of the Lone Islands," a dwarf announced in a rough voice.

My mother was being carried on a throne by four cyclopses, holding her head high and ignoring the insults the others shouted at her, "You cannot take what is mine."

"We will speak in private," Aslan declared.

The white witch stepped off her throne and walked into Aslan's tent, "My daughter comes."

She had no right to call me her daughter, not after what she did.

"Madilyn," Aslan nodded to the tent flaps. Which we both disappeared into.

They argued for a long while over the deep magic, Aslan claiming Edmund was innocent as Jadis claimed his blood.

"If I can't have him, someone else must take his place," the witch stated, "What about Madilyn?"

I was frozen in place as Aslan agreed. Agreed to my death. His own daughter. To save the future of Narnia.

"But only if Madilyn agrees," Aslan turned to me. Before I could think it over or stop myself, I nodded.

We left the tent, "Jadis has renounced her claim on the son of Adam's blood."

Cheers erupted from throughout the camp as Jadis asked, "How do I know you'll keep your word?"

Aslan roared in response, making my mother flinch as she sat onto her throne and was carried away again.

I saw the Pevensie siblings hugging as I walked over to them, "I may not see you after the battle- I'm just going to say- goodbye."

"What, are you saying you won't survive a battle?" Peter asked, "I saw the way your mind worked in both fights with Maugrim. You'll always figure out a way-"

"I won't see you after the battle," I repeated, keeping my voice strong.

They assumed I meant they would return to their world immediately, but I wouldn't live to see the battle.

"Then goodbye," Susan pulled me into a hug that the other siblings all joined.

I smiled softly and walked over to Aslan, "Is it alright for me to be scared?"

"Of course," Aslan said, "It's natural. But I will always be with you. And the deep magic in the stone table will protect you."

"What if it doesn't?" I asked, "What if-"

Aslan's Laos down next to me, letting my curl up in his mane, "I won't let anything happen to you."

We sat there until that night, when I walked with him towards the stone table.

"Where are you going?" Lucy asked.

"To the stone table," Aslan said, "We could use some company."

So Lucy and Susan followed us. I was also vaguely aware that Peter and Edmund has followed their sisters.

"We must continue from here alone," Aslan said, moving closer to me as I stroked his fur calmingly.

As we arrived, I took deep breaths. I ignored the rope tying me down and the people kicking me and punching me to make sport of my death.

My eyes locked with Aslan's as the white witch, my own mother, plunged her spear into my heart.

After that, I was aware of everything, though I should've been dead instantly.

I could feel the blood pouring onto the table. I could faintly hear whimpers from the trees as the children saw what happened. I heard the roads of victory from the witch's people.

But my eyes were closed, darkness surrounding me. Everything slowly faded into nothing as white light surrounded me.

Then I could hear seagulls. I could hear crashing waves. I felt the wind dancing between my fingers. I felt the sand beneath my feet and the sun on my cheeks.

Was this Aslan's land? The land of the brave?

I looked around.

I was on a small sand island surrounded by beautiful blue waves. On one side, the water was filled with lilies. On the other, a wave that never fell hid the top peaks of green mountains.

Aslan was waiting for me in the center. I walked over to him.

"Am I dead?" I asked cautiously, stroking his fur.

"Yes," he said, "And no."

That wasn't confusing at all.

"The deep magic states that if a willing innocent is sacrificed on the stone table, the table will break and death will be turned back," Aslan said, "Yes, you died. But no, you are not dead."

Just like that, light surrounded me and I heard a loud crack! It was the stone table breaking as I stood up.

I remembered all that happened while I was gone.

The witch had removed my bindings and left me on the table. The Pevensies had come after Aslan left, looking at what had happened, devastated.

The table had split at dawn, and I was back.

But something felt different. Everything felt like lightning.

I felt stronger and faster. I could hear everything. And I could smell everything, which was strangely weird. I moved over to the water and saw why.

Whiskers, a tail-

My fur was the same pale blonde as my hair had been, to light to be normal gold. Almost white. My eyes were the same bright blue, but the were cat's eyes. Definitely not human.

My ears bent back in a way that was almost funny. I looked down at my paws, huge things. I would grow into them eventually.

And the claws that came out of them were terrifyingly huge.

I was the daughter of the white witch and the mighty lion.

Which made me the white lion.