Finale

a/n: enjoy guys x

Finale

—————

"Did you bring them?"

"Bring what?"

"The tickets."

"What tickets?"

Quinn aimed a dry look at Gavin's teasing smile, poking his coat-clad shoulder.

"You're violent for someone who works a lot with computers," Gavin complained.

Rolling her eyes, Quinn slowed as the two neared a red light.

"I wouldn't want to miss it," she said, watching the blur of cars passing before them.

Turning to glance at Gavin, Quinn spoke again, voice somber:

"It's important."

Noting the sad shift in her eyes, Gavin leaned down and kissed the top of her soft cap.

"I know it is — I'd never forget them."

The light flicked to green, and the two passed the final crossing separating them from the walkway in front of the Prague National Theatre. The building rose like a solid, beige block from the ground, topped with a railing of gold crowning the softly rounded roof.

Blending with the crowds, they moved toward the entrance. As Gavin had the tickets, Quinn would entrust him to get them through the gates and to the correct seats. In the meantime, she let her eyes drift, her mind wander as she relived the events of the past months.

Ever since that night when Kent had been carted off, Quinn had been fighting to regain the balance of calm she'd once had, before everything else had happened. Of course, some good had come of it — namely the man walking beside her, occasionally meeting her eyes with a soft smile before he went back to scouting their surroundings as if continually searching for threats.

And even Quinn had to admit that, in the end, things had turned out as well as they could. Kent had been convicted, her trial a short, secret affair which proved her guilt beyond the shadow of a doubt. She had been tossed into a cell, and she'd remain there for the considerable future if the Agency had any say in it. Her accomplice, Mr. Alan Smith, was facing jail time as well.

The Agency disliked traitors, and loose ends were not a part of the company dictionary.

Davidson had fallen into a coma after being shot in the scuffle, though the doctors weren't optimistic about his chances at recovery. Despite that, Quinn was aware that Sarraf had gone to visit him once, though she hadn't managed to glean the purpose of the visit. Closure, maybe. A final look at the man who'd betrayed her.

Quinn had pondered if she wanted that, too — a final look at Kent, at the woman she'd once thought to be her sister. She'd talked it over with Gavin, who — unsurprisingly — had thought it better to leave her rotting in her cell, serving time for her crimes — among them the murders of Special Agent Kione Lorber, and Analyst Rhea Freeman.

If you really wish to go, we'll go, Gavin had said at the end of the discussion, leaving the thought swirling in Quinn's head. It remained there, and she hadn't found a way to shove it out yet, but hoped that might come with time.

She wouldn't think of it any more, at least not tonight. Tonight was for Kat.

And Willa.

It took a few additional minutes for Quinn and Gavin to be ushered through the front doors and up the stairs leading to the balconies. Kat had gifted them fancy tickets, giving them a private balcony for the two of them to share as they peered down at the stage.