Getting Better

Hey Guys Kate here.! Just want to tell you, that theres only a few more chapters left:( and sorry that this chapter is so short... and I'd like to know what you think about "Love Me Cancer" Because I'm already starting on a new story.! Hope you like 'Getting Better' -Later.!:}

@@@@----Riley

Things have been getting better. I'm now aloud to walk around the hospital by myself.! Haha I know.. but it feels great to get out of my room now and then.

I waited in the hospital bed, with Lexi by my side. I would have had Cassy here too, but she's no longer speaks to me. I feel really bad, I miss her the most right now, but I understand why she's upset. I should have came right out and told her, I should of known that she wouldn't tell anyone. Now I have to pay the price by not getting to have my best friend with me.

Dr. Workman finally came in, I smiled, hoping she had good news. God I only prayed for good news.!

Dr. Workman stood in front of us. "How are you feeling Riley?" she asked.

I smiled ear to ear. "I'm awesome.! Feel great.!" Hoping that I could go back home, and maybe even school.

She looked down at the piece of paper she held in her hands. "Riley.." Her voice cut off, into a soft huff. "I wish I had good news.. but you can't go home, and even if you feel alright.. you're still sick.." Dr. Workman's eyes met mine as Lexi graped my hand.

I swallowed deep, taking in a breath. "There getting ready for me.. aren't they?" Tears started in my eyes. "Ready for me to die."

"Riley. No, we are just worried, you're sick. We all know that, we just don't want you to fall out without any help."

"How much longer do they think I have?" I pleaded.

Lexi's faced me shaking her head. "Riley.! You don't want to know that do you?!"

"Weather I know when or not.. it's going to happen." I closed my eyes. "So, how long?" I asked Dr. Workman.

"Five months tops. I'm sorry Riley."

"Hey Riiileey...." Zackary held out my name seeing us all in the hospital room. "If this.. is a bad time-"

"No. Mr. Connor. I was just on my way out.." As Dr. Workman rushed out.

Zack gave a confused look. "What was that about?"

Lexi and I both leaped out "Nothing!" At the same time.

Zack nodded his head. "I see how it is.." Throwing his arms around me kissing me.

"Eck! Room please!" Lexi said aloud, walking out.

Zack and I bursted into laughter.

Zackary laced his fingers into mine.. leaning down until both of our heads touched. "You know what's in two weeks?" He whispered.

Yes. I did know. The Summer Ball. Which I wasn't aloud to go to.. I so wanted to go with Zack. It would be amazing. "Yeah.." I got out before he started talking again.

"I think I'll stay here.. with you.."

"No." I looked at him, breaking our embrace. "You have to go. All because I can't.. doesn't mean you can't."

"Riley.. why would I go if you're not going to go?" He tried to pull me back into his arms but I resisted.

"Zack. I want you to go.. I want you to tell me how it is.. besides.. you need a break from me.."

"Riley. I don't need a break.. I want to be here.. if I could.. I would stay overnight.. just to make sure you're fine."

I smiled, and hugged Zackary. I couldn't have a better boyfriend.!:))

%%%%%%%%------Zack

Riley seems to be getting better. After I left, she was all smiles.. I haven't seen her smile nor laugh like that since before I left. I wonder what the Dr. had told her? I hope it was good news.. William thinks I've gone mad, believeing that she could become heathly again.. says I shouldn't dream.. told me dreams are for sleeping.. even if he's right.. I can't stop wishing for her.. because I love her.

"So when are you going to tell her?" Will asked.

Oh God.! Did I just say that aloud? "Tell her what?" I questioned back.

"That you love her. We all know you do.. so why don't you tell her., it's not like she's going to tell you that she hates you." He laughed. "So why don't you stop being so scared?"

"I'm not scared.. just want to tell her.. when we're not in a depressing place."

"Dude. She's dieing.. and plus it's not like she can just walk out the doors.." Before he knew what he just said he hurried and tried to fix it. "Sorry., I didn't mean.. the dieing part. You know.. that I say what I'm thinking.. and it's not like I wish she would or anything, because I like Riley, she's chill.. it's just that well., she has cancer.. and well.."

"Dude. Calm down.. I know what you meant." I reassured him. "It's not like she's really dieing.."

Will looked me straight in the eyes and graped my arm. "Connor.. please don't tell me you're making yourself believe that she's not going to die.. because you can't get rid of what she has.. it's too late. I'm not trying to make anyone upset.. but.. she is going to die Zack.. and you can't just pretend that she's not going to."

I closed my eyes and took my arm from his grasp. "You think I don't know that? I knew something was wrong before I left.. I knew. I still left.. I left her.. I went.. 79hours away.. knowing that something was wrong.. you have no idea., how it feels to have someone you care about so much.. just fade away! When I came back, she was like breathing death.. did I ever tell you what happened the day I went and saw her? She was having bad dreams, Lexi told me that she wouldn't wake up for anyone, and all Riley did was scream out my name in her sleep." I heaved out a shaky breath. "When I awoke her.. she thought she was dreaming.. her voice was soft.. she was smiling.. telling me that she knew what I was going to do.. then she started to cry, to scream and kick; pushing away from me.. saying that I was killing her.." I layed my head into my hands and finished. "I thought it was just her dreaming.. but Lexi said that she didn't get bad until after I left.. and now that I'm back... shes glowing again.. as if life was feeding back into her."

"Connor.. dude. It'll be alright., no need to get bummed up about this.. Riley, is fine now, but she's not getting better nor worse because of you., it's the cancer."

@@@@@------Riley.

"Riley.! I wish you could come to the Summer Ball.! I don't want to leave you here alone.."

"Lex. You sound like Zackary. He told me the same thing." I smiled, turning the TV.

Lexi laughed. "Well can you blame us? We don't want to go off having fun without you.. it wouldn't be right.."

"Ah, now if only I could sneak out and go anyway.. what a bummer.!" I joked.

"OHMIGOSH.! RILEY!!! It's it! You could sneak out.! I have the perfect purple dress you could wear and everything.! Oh and we can hide it from Connor! It'd be a surprise!" :D Lexi jumped up and down in the hospital room.

I gave her a crazed look. "I was just joking.. you know that right?"

"Oh. Come on.! It's not like you're not healthy enough, you've been walking amazingly.. one night out wouldn't bother you.!"

Even if Lexi sounded crazy., she was right. I needed some time to hang out, to get away from the needle's, and old people. "Okay.. but we have to have a plan.." I smiled as her face glowed with happiness.

I have a plan..

***************************************************************************

Again sorry about this chapter being short and lame.. I was just tired.. but I promise to make it up to you.!:}

- Love Always, Katelyn.!