Chapter 1

First Agency operative: Salina Sinclaire

It was the first day of school, and I was excited to start the school year with my cute boyfriend, Roger. His good looks made everyone jealous of me for having him before everyone else had the chance. He had brown hair streaked blonde at the tips, pretty blue eyes, and a sweet personality to match, which made him a good catch.

I loved his scorpion tattoo and his sexy, muscular body. I had been with him for over six months, and he made me happy, so happy that I wanted him move in with me. He opened the door for me, and called me cute names. He was a sweetie, sending me love notes, and walking me to my locker. He even had a promising future career in the military. Things were going great.

The problem started when Laurice came into the picture. The first day of my senior year, she walked toward me with beautiful long blonde hair and blue eyes with an attitude that said she thought she was better than everyone else. I hated her from the beginning.

"Hi," she said in a sickening-sweet voice. "I'm Laurice. I just transferred here. You must be Roger's puny girlfriend. Don't worry; he'll be mine when the time comes. I doubt that you can handle a guy like him, anyway." Then she walked away, and I glared at her retreating back.

A few weeks later, Roger came to my house to pick me up for a date. I wore a red dress that accentuated my body and made my eyes pop. My heart beat hard within my chest as his car pulled up in the driveway and he got out.

Roger was dressed in a tux, making him even cuter than usual. He smiled as his eyes traveled up and down my body.

"You look beautiful today." Then, his look turned sad. "We need to talk."

It was never a good thing when a guy tells you that. My heart stopped, but I tried not to let it bother me. "Okay, what is it?"

He sighed. "I've been seeing someone else, and we're in love. I want to move in with her. Let's face it, you're a side chick and we're going to be apart for some time. I think I have more of a future with her, and she's the reason why I haven't been contacting you much lately."

I glared at him. "I knew it. You look at her the way you used to look at me. You told me lies just to use me for a place to stay. I'm happy that you didn't move in with me yet. Laurice had no issues about bragging that she was going to get you, and that you told her you loved her. You told her that you would take her as soon as you saw her. You claimed that it was to get closer to me, and that you weren't going to sleep with her, but you lied. You're a jackass, trying to fool me into thinking that your brother is talking to me when it was you. Thanks for saving me from being stuck to a lying douche bag." I didn't want to go through this heartbreak again; it was as if I had just been shot to the chest. It was awful and bad. Suddenly, tears welled up in my eyes. I cannot help it. I wanted him to stay in my life, but now I didn't, since he was a lying, cheating asshole. I hated Laurice so badly that I wanted her dead.

He shook his head. "Laurice was there for me when you weren't. I would rather be with someone who wants to stay home for the rest of her life. I was in love with you, but I love her more because she at least obeys me, and doesn't argue with me the way you do."

I glared at him. "I would hate to be stuck with you for the rest of my life. You're such a drama king, blowing everything out of proportion. You have a horrible temper, and hit stuff when you're frustrated. You told me to not put up a fuss in the morning, and you've always tried to tell me what to do. I'm better off without you."

A few months later...I opened the door to Southbend High School, and made my way through the crowded halls to my locker, where students were packed like salmon swimming upstream. I fought the current to get to my locker, dialed in my combination on the lock, and opened it.