Wrong Signal

RUE'S POV

After calling Tyler really late last night cause I was worried and he said Blake just came back with a guy and he's pissed drunk, I was a bit angry but now I don't even know if I'm angry or just disappointed. I mean yeah I know he's in college now but still!

I pushed the thought away as I approached the table as I took my seat at the table. "Hey, spoken to Blake yet?", Miranda whispered to me. I nodded and put on a weak smile but she just smiled back and continued her conversation with Skylar who smiled and waved at me before facing Miranda. I took out my Maltesers and started munching when Sam hurried over to the table, "We got in!".

"We did?", Miranda asked excitedly. Yesterday, Miranda, Sam and I auditioned for cheerleading. Jess mentioned that it wasn't her scene so she decided to just cheer us on. We didn't really have to work for it cause it's only Gloria that's in our set on the team and she really wanted us in so we knew we'd get in. "Yess!", Sam squealed. We both squealed.

"Welcome welcome! Thank you thank you!", Jordan said as he walked over to the table, taking off his dark shades. I notice the way a lot of eyes follow Jordan everytime he walks, smiles, eat, pretty much does anything! I'll admit he's really hot and he doesn't really care about that. "Are you welcoming yourself?", Miranda asked amidst  laughter. He took a seat, "Of course, since no one wants to welcome me, I'll do it myself". Everyone laughed as he turned to me, "How're you, Rue?". I smiled sweetly before answering, "I'm fine. Thanks". He nodded before turning to Jeff and starting a conversation about a gaming app. Sam winked at me and I raised a brow at her but she quickly looked away.

I strode across the block towards the apartment. I stopped infront of the ice-cream parlor and decided to get ice-cream. I was getting my ice-cream when someone tapped me. I turned around to see a familiar light skinned girl. "Hey Rue, remember me?", She asked. I thought to say "yeah, you went on a date with my boyfriend sis" but I ended up just nodding. She put on a big smile at that and continued speaking, "I'm so glad you're alright. We didn't really see after that lunch I had with Blake and then the whole Dylan thing happened. I'm really sorry you went through that". I put on the nicest smile I could fake as I shook my head, "It's fine. Thank you". "So how's Blake?", She asked. I paused for a second, thinking of my answer but she just continued, "I've never quite seen any other relationship like yours. You guys are so made for each other! While we were at lunch with him that day, he didn't even spare us a glance. He just kept looking at his phone and zoning out. It was annoying but also super cute. Blake's such a keeper and I hope I get a boyfriend just like that". I stood in shock as she hugged me, smiled and walked off.

As I kicked my ice-cream and walked down to the apartment, I thought about the conversation I had with the girl whose name I still didn't know. Even though Blake told me that he had been worried about me, I didn't think that he made it really obvious. I suddenly felt bad for how I spoke to him earlier so I decided to dial his number and this time, he picked immediately.

"Hey", he said into the phone. "Hey, just checking in", I said as I swung my hand. He stayed silent for a bit so I took that as an opportunity to continue speaking, "Sorry about this morning". "Hey no no no, you don't need to apologize. I'm the one at fault", he immediately said. I smiled to myself as I kept talking, "Let's not talk about that anymore then. So we got into the team!". He gasped as he spoke excitedly, "Really? That's great. So I'm the footballer and you're my sexy cheerleader. Now I wish I was still in school so I'd watch you cheer me". I laughed as I spoke, "Don't say stuff like that or I'd start missing you". "I'm missing you already", he said and I could hear the humour in his tone. "Anyways so how's the Jordan guy?", He asked. I shrugged like he could see me, "He's cool I guess. We spoke last night at his place and he seemed pretty genuine. I guess I could tryyy being his friend". He laughed as he said, "The emphasis on try".

We spoke till I got to the apartment. I kicked off my shoes as walked over to the kitchen and poured a glass of water. Then I started hearing noises from Blake's side. "Everything alright?", I asked. "Yeah I just got to the field. Have to go. Talk later!", He yelled cause of the noise. "Okay love you", I said absentmindedly. "Love you too", he said before going off.

I went to my room and changed into my booty shorts and a plain top. As I bent to lay on the couch, the doorbell rang. I groaned as
I forced myself to the door. I opened the door to yell but froze midway when I saw who it was. "Hey, uh I was hoping to speak to Sam", Jordan coughed out. I blinked severally before I spoke, "Oh um she's not here right now". He rose his brows, "Really? She told me she was here not too long ago". "I don't know I came home like 20 minutes ago and I didn't see anyone", I said as I looked him up and down. He looked like he was just coming from maybe the gym. "Strange.. oh well. I guess I'll get going then", he said as he sighed and started backing out.

I suddenly felt bad for him. I mean he literally just wasted his time to come here. As he walked off, I found myself yelling after him, "Do you want a glass of water?". He stopped and turned around as I stood awkwardly. "You look kinda patched so...", I added as I gestured inside. He smiled as he retraced his steps back to my front door.

"So coming from the gym?", I asked as he gulped down his third glass of water. "What gave that away? My sweaty body or the clothes", he smirked as he fetched another glass. I chuckled as I spoke, "Actually my boyfriend actually downs a lot of water when he's done playing ball or working out so you kinda remind...". He spat out his water and gaped at me, "I'm sorry, your boyfriend?". And then he started choking. I quickly rubbed his chest downwards as I patted his back but he removed my hands and started to rub his chest himself.

I stood awkwardly till he finally stopped coughing and then he looked at me, "You have a boyfriend?". I nodded slightly confused and slightly shy, "Yeah, Blake". His eyes widened even more, "Sam's brother? The dude in college?". I merely nodded. "Wow! So Sam told me about her brother but didn't mention that you're dating him!?", He asked. I walked up to him and held his hands, "I didn't know you didn't know". He removed his hands from mine and smiled, "No it's fine. It all makes sense now. I... I just thought... I thought. You know what? It's fine". He started to walk out and I followed him, "Hey why are you leaving?". He stopped and looked at me, "Because I can't stay here with you....alone... I feel stupid. I mean... I thought. No wonder you've been rejecting me all this time. God, this is embarrassing. I gotta go". He opened the door and ran out.

I still stood there shocked at what happened. Sam and Jess came in a few minutes later. "Hey where's Jordan? I thought he'd wait for me", Sam said as she walked into the kitchen. "Ask him yourself cause I honestly don't get anything", I said as I immediately went to my room and shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~