P̷̦̀a̶̲̋r̴̨̄t̸̯̒ ̶̤̆1̸̢̂5̷͉͌

Spencer wakes once again, but her eyes remain closed. She makes a face of confusion and moves a bit. Why was she hurting? She tries to take a breath, but chokes. Something was in her throat. Spencer claws it and it pulls out a bit. It's deep in her throat. She coughs and feels a tube in her nose. She cringes at the feeling and someone is suddenly at her side and she yelps in surprise. What the hell is going on?

<̴‡̷>̶

      Tony sits in his lab as he studies ASL. He wants to be able to communicate with Spencer when she wakes up. His eclectic drip had worked and Spencer started to show a lot of improvement. He also made a set of headphones for her to cancel out all noise because it was too much for her. He had the whole team test them to make sure they worked even through super hearing and they did.

      "Boss," Tony pauses his ASL video and looks up at the ceiling. "Spencer is awake." Tony's eyes widen and he jumps to his feet. "Get Cho!" He runs out of his lab and toward the medical wing. He runs past the team and they see the urgency in his face and they instantly know. Spencer. They take off after him.

<̴‡̷>̶

      When Tony reaches the medical wing Cho is pulling the breathing tube out of Spencer's throat. He stops in the doorway and stares. Spencer was awake. His daughter was awake. Spencer looks over at him and notes the look in his face. He knows. And he knows she knows he knows. (What?) Her eyes widen and a heavy feeling settles in her chest. She stops breathing for a moment, then she lets out a shaky breath.

      Tony steps into the room and Cho looks between the two. "I'll give you two a minute." She leaves the room and closes the blinds so the nosy Avengers can't see. Tony sits in the chain next to Spencer and stares at her. She looks just like her mother. Especially the eyes.

      Spencer bites her lip a bit. She wants to avoid the elephant in the room, so her hand goes to the headphones. "What are these for?" After she signs it, she mentally berates herself. Tony doesn't know sign, but what happens next surprises her. "The serum repaired your hearing. The headphones are blocking out noise." She stares at Tony in shock. One, for the fact that he just signed and two, she can hear now. She stares at him for a moment then nods.

      She looks around the medical room and her eyes find the IV in her arm. She looks confused at the purple electricity running into her vein. Tony realizes then hands her Cho's tablet. Spencer skims through it and discovers that the electricity is what is keeping her alive. Her mind drifts to her time creating the serum. The static electricity could explain why she needs it, but she'd need to do some tests on herself later.

      Tony watches as Spencer's face twists in thought. She has a hard look of concentration across her face and it reminds him of himself. The Avengers and Pepper have said he has a concentration face. They said it looked like he had eaten a WarHead sour and was in an important meeting so he had to play it off like the bitter exception erupted in his mouth.

He smiles a bit and takes Spencer's hand into his. She flinches away and looks at him. Right. He forgot she doesn't like being touched. "Sorry." He mumbles. Spencer purses her lips and shrugs. The two of them sit in silence. Both of them thinking of the other and what they must be thinking. They were both terrified. Tony doesn't know what to say. Should he apologise? Hug her? Tell her he loves her?

      Spencer didn't know what to say either. She was mad, just like she'd been all these years of being alone, but she felt more than than. She was so... relieved to be near him. Like a heavy weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she could finally relax. She was so happy that she wasn't with HYDRA, but now with her father. The man she never knew, but deep down wanted to have in her life.

      Spencer would never admit it, but she always longed to meet him. To be with him. For him to love her. She'd dream about a life with him. They were happy and her mother was there. She was happy in those dreams. More happy than any human or alien or asgardian could ever imagine, but then she wakes up to face her cruel reality that was her life.

      Why was life so cruel? Here was the man she dreamed about for years and all he could do was sit and stare. She wanted to hug him. To cry her eyes out and for him to hold her like a father was supposed to do. But that wasn't happening.

      "I'm sorry." Spencer looks at him and tilts her head. Tony sighs and Spencer looks him over. He clearly hadn't slept in... weeks. It made her wonder how long she'd been out. The red puffiness in his eyes told her he'd been crying too. Had he done that for her? "What do you mean?" She asks as she turns to face him more. Tony shakes his head and shrinks in on himself. It looked almost... pathetic. Spencer knew that look. He was mad at himself, and she knew that because she saw that same look every time she looked in a mirror.

      Tony shakes his head. "I should have been there. I should have known. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Spencer looks at him shocked as a tear escapes his eye and he looks away in shame. She doesn't know how to respond. Should she be mad? Sad? She doesn't know. She's not good with human interaction. But maybe she can try something...

      Tony's eyes widen as he feels Spencer's hand slip into his. He stares at it and then her. Spencer looks just as shocked as he does. She's actually holding his hand. And she wasn't pulling away. Tony smiles and squeezes her hand. Spencer squeezes his back.

<̴‡̷>̶

      A few hours later Cho walks back into the medical room to check on Spencer. She finds the two Stark's sleeping, hand in hand. Tony's head is rested on the side of Spencer's bed and she is laid back peacefully. The Doctor can't help but smile at the sight. The two of them have led such terrible lives and now here they were, finally together.

      She takes out her phone and takes a photo, promising herself to print it out later. She checks Spencer's vitals quickly then drapes a blanket over Tony and turns out the light.

THERE IT IS! I GOT THIS DONE SO FAST IT'S CRAZY. 

ANYWAY, CAMPING SUCKED.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS: WHAT ABOUT THIS FIC DO YOU LIKE BEST? 

IT'S GOTTEN SO MUCH ATTENTION AND I'M WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE LIKE BEST SO I CAN PUT MORE OF IT INTO MY WRITING AND MAKE IT MORE ENJOYABLE!

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!

BYEEEEE