20

The events of the chandelier crashing caused Penny to miss the next day of school. The Young Justice thought that the people that threatened the Wayne's were the ones who caused the chandelier to fall next to Penny. They went into the over protective mode. It caused them to all take turns watching each of them sleep (which Penny did not like one bit), and then make them stay home from school the next day so they could 'better protect them', since they'd all be in one place. 

Alfred called the schools and told them that they all got food poisoning from expired ice cream, causing them all to be sick. It was a stupid lie, but they couldn't tell the schools that all of them are staying home because someone threatened their lives days ago and they were 'attacked' so they're staying home to be better protected. 

Penny wanted to stay in her room the whole day because if she's being forced to stay home all day she wanted to be  hermit. But that didn't happen. The Young Justice urged her to come out and if she didn't one of them would have to stay with her, which they did until the Wayne boys basically dragged her from her room and forced her to play board games and video games. 

In the morning Ned ended up texting with Penny, he was confused as to why she wasn't in school:

Ned- Hey where are you?

Penny- At home... Sadly.

Ned- Why? What happened?

Penny- I hit the wall, which caused the chandelier to fall to the ground next to me. The Young Justice thought it was from the people who threatened us, which caused them to go into an over protective mode. So now, I'm stuck here...

Ned- That sucks... but at least they don't know about your powers. Who knows what they'd do.

Penny- Yeah... Also if anyone asks tell them I got food poisoning. That's what Alfred told the school...

Ned- OK! Sure thing... See you tomorrow, I've got to get to class.

Penny- Bye!

Penny wanted to go to school, even more so because she wanted to talk to MJ about their date, which she didn't get to do. Like Ned, MJ ended up texting her at lunch. He didn't have any classes with her before lunch and he wanted to talk to her about the date during lunch. Though when he got to lunch he only saw Ned. He asked Ned about Penny, and found out she got food poisoning, so he decided to text her too. 

MJ- Hey Penny, Ned told me you got food poisoning. I hope you feel better so we can talk soon.

Penny- Thanks! I believe that I'll be at school tomorrow, we can talk then. 

MJ- That's good... What did you get food poisoning from? I once got food poisoning from bad Chinese food, it was terrible.

Penny- Myself and the four boys all got food poisoning from expired ice cream. We didn't know it was expired... I wish I knew beforehand, it sucks.

MJ- Yeah, that sucks. Hey, I have to get to class, hopefully I see you tomorrow! Can't wait to talk.

Penny- See you tomorrow!

By the end of the day Penny was exhausted from all the socializing she participated in that when it was time to go to bed she totally crashed. It took her no time at all to fall asleep. She didn't even have time to get under the covers. Her actions surprised Ms. Martian, who had first watch over Penny that night. Ms. Martian doesn't realize that someone who is introverted (because she's not introverted) has a social battery that runs out when they talk with people they don't usually hang out with.