II. | TWO

☆ mentions of blood and needles !

— SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO ;

After the press moment, Y/n endured the first two minutes of the car ride before 'falling sleep' with her head leaning on Fives shoulder. He carried her bridal style up to the entrance of the academy.

"What happened to her?" Their father asked urgently, noticing the blood stain on her waist.

"She got shot. Allison rumored her to not feel pain for a while."

Reginald shook his head, "Get her inside. And hurry."

Five disappeared with a whooshing sound and a flash of warped blue light. He tilted his head when he saw Grace standing in the infirmary, tying her soft, blonde hair back and snapping on some rubber gloves.

"Don't waste any time, set her on the table." She gestured him along.

He set her down and stood back. Grace checked her wrist for a pulse, "She's freezing up."

"I wonder why." Five commented, laughing to himself.

"Not because of her powers." Grace muttered, "Five, dear, due the amount of blood Y/n has lost, I'll need you to give some blood."

"Alright, sure." He agreed.

He winced once the needle poked through his skin, looking at the ceiling.

"It won't be much blood." Grace promised, grabbing a cup of orange juice and a cookie for him. "Eat these after, just so you don't feel light headed."

He nodded. "She won't die or anything, right?"

"No, nothing like that, dear. There's no need to worry about such things." Grace gave him a smile and removed the needle after a few minutes, sticking a band-aid where the needle had been.

— TWO WEEKS LATER ;

It was sort of nice to be able to relax for two weeks, miss out on training, and missions, but also kind of boring. Y/n picked at her dinner, now almost completely healed. When Diego kicked her from under the table, she kicked his shin and he winced, backing off. Five took his stake knife and stabbed it into the table.

"Number Five?" Reginald called, not bothering to glance up from his dinner.

"I have a question." Five stated.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal times. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

Five angrily shoved his plate away, "I want to time travel." He announced, just as angry as before.

"No."

"But I'm ready," Five stood up, "I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." the warped blue light flashed and Five appeared next to Reginald's seat at the table. "See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn." Reginald explained, waving his knife around while speaking.