𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | HANDLE WITH CARE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SILAS WAS NOW A REGULAR, MORTAL WITCH THANKS TO DAMON. He gave Katherine to Silas without hesitation, and Silas drank the cure from the doppelganger's blood. Stefan, however, still remained lost in terms of his memories and had disappeared after Damon continuously snapped his neck in order to help Silas regain his psychic ability.

Klara stepped down the staircase and saw Damon and Elena both curled up in front of the fire, tangled in each other's hold. She let a sigh escape her lips and started off over to the liquor. She needed a drink. Everything Damon and Elena did reminded her of what she had with Stefan.

"Hey, Goldie-Locks." Damon's voice carried as the blonde looked up from her tumbler, that was now filled with bourbon. "You doin' alright?"

"Just peachy, thanks." That was a lie. A lie that Damon knew all too well as he watched her completely down every drop she had just poured.

"Greetings. Good morning, frenemies." Silas announced as the front door of the Salvatore house swung open. He flicked his fingers and pulled back the curtains, letting sunlight pour into the dim room. "Ah, you know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow, the sun feels warmer." He stepped in front of the window as the sun hit his face. "Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."

"What's with the home invasion, Silas?" The Salvatore asked.

The witch turned his attention from the window. "Well, Damon, after two-thousand years of a miserable existence, I finally get to die. We all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch." Silas glanced to Elena. "Your doppelganger, Amara died at her hands. But today, after two-thousand years, Amara and I will finally reunite."

"Alright, skip the mushy parts. Look, my girl here is just trying to have a good day, and there are promises that she and Klara are expecting you to keep." Damon and Elena both crossed their arms over their chest, while Klara nodded.

"Oh, you don't think I keep my promises?" Silas raised an eyebrow. 

"Not really." Klara gave him a pointed look as she rested a hand on her hip. "You told us that now you're a witch, you were able to bring Bonnie back from the Other side."

He nodded. "I did, and I can."

"And you promised Damon you would do that if he helped you." Elena continued on from Klara's point while Silas nodded. "But you're kind of evil, no offence."

"None taken."

"So, I'm just trying to figure out how I can trust that one of your last acts in the world will be to bring our best friend back." The doppelganger raised an eyebrow as Klara walked beside her.