~Nineteen~

Pietro didn't come back to see me after dinner, but then again, I was sure that Steve wanted the entire team to spend time together. Especially since they weren't always together.

It was dark and I was sleeping in my geode-like cave when I heard the dolphin chittering.

I blinked awake, a bit confused. No one visited me after dark, or at least not after I fell asleep.

I pushed myself lightly off the soft sand and out of the entrance to my small cave. I swam up to where the shallows began and surfaced.

The lights were very dim, but I could make out a tall, thin figure standing near the waters edge.

"I am sorry to wake you Lady Syrena," a voice called. It was Loki. Why was he here?

I swam closer the shore at a leisurely pace. He stepped into the water, the water met about mid-way up his calf. His eyes glowed green and a few wisps flicked from his fingers. It reminded me of Wanda.

I felt more and more uneasy as the wisps got closer to me. I tried to swim away from it, but I couldn't move. I could only splash in place.

"Relax," Loki told me. He sounded indifferent.

I could feel the wisps caress around my throat before they dissipated.

"I have a proposition for you," he announced as the wisps completely disappeared.

I was not sure what a proposition was... but my unease didn't leave.

"Your voice," Loki started, putting a hand on his hip, "It is only just barely underdeveloped, I could give you a voice."