Chapter 8

She was brought into a small room. stumbling and a landing on the ground.

"Where are we?" Ahsoka asked the stranger.

No answer.

"Who are you?" she asked further while still pressing her hands to her eyes. No answer.

Then suddenly, softly, "Lou and you?" "Ahsoka"

"Do your eyes hurt much?"

"I'm okay"

Lou put one hand on her shoulder "You don't look like that. You should get some rest."

As expected, Ahsoka did not. She stood up, leaned against the wall, and searched for the door.

"It's locked. It always is at night."

That didn't bother Ahsoka either. She pounded on the door until her hands hurt almost as much as her eyes. Then she tried kicking it.

"The door is escape-proof. Here, he only locks the... ...the more unruly people," said Lou.

Ahsoka lowered herself to the floor at the door. "How many are there?"

"just the two of us..."

"I hate being trapped."

"Me too"

For a while they both sat there in silence.

Until Ahsoka tried to destroy the door again.

Lou pulled it back. "You need to rest. That doesn't make it better. If you need to fight back, don't do it this way. You'll only hurt yourself more. You do. Your hands are bleeding."

Lou took Ahsoka to the wall and helped her sit. Then the young Togruta heard a  sound as if someone was tearing off a piece of cloth and shortly after that she felt someone carefully wrap something around her bleeding hand.

"You better get some sleep. You need the energy. Trust me."

"Okay."

Lou also lay down and shortly afterwards Ahsoka heard steady breaths from the place where Lou was sleeping.

She herself could not sleep. Still, her eyes hurt so incredibly much.

But the bad thing was not the pain. The thing that bothered her was that she might never see again.

She was used to perceive her surroundings with incredible accuracy through the interaction of her good eyes, good ears and what she perceived through her lekkku.

Now that she could see nothing, she could hear a little more, but she missed her eyesight so much.

For a while she lay there motionless. But suddenly, Ahsoka felt someone put something in her hand.

"This is coal. It always helps me to paint. It expresses the feelings and helps. Give it a try," Lou said.

She must have woken up.

Ahsoka tried. She sat up and started drawing on the wall. She couldn't see what she drew, but Lou was right. It helped.

"Who is that?" the question suddenly came from the teenager. "I don't know. I can't see it."

"You drew someone. A young man. Short hair and a scar or something on his eye" Ahsoka sighed

"Master Skywalker."

"Who?"

"My teacher. He teaches me, and well, mostly he protects me too. We laugh a lot together, play pranks too."