Linzi's Diary 12 Part 1

Thursday, 18/9/2032

He walked down the pathway and sat down at a bench, stretching his legs out he sighed to himself as he took in the scenery in front of him.

A car pulled into the driveway. "Looks like we have a guest." She walked into the hall and opened the door. "Hello stranger, what are you doing here?" "Hey Donna, how are you?" "I'm good, surprised to see you here. What have I done to deserve this visit?" "I am on a bit of a mission and I don't want you to panic, he's probably fine but somehow we've lost Brian." Come on in and you can explain everything." They walk into the house and into the living room. "Would you like anything to drink?" "I'm okay thank you." Nick sat down on a chair by the window. "You're looking well." "No different than usual, but you on the other hand look amazing... your husband isn't around, is he? I'm hoping I won't get a clump for saying that." "No, he's not here but he is on his way home from work... so, I am very interested in how you managed to lose Brian Littrell. Is there anything wrong with him? I gather there must be a reason why your all keeping an eye on him." "He's been pretty quiet, he shocked us all when he sold the house and signed the Kentucky house over to Scott." "Are you kidding? I thought he'd always be in that house." "Us too, luckily Tom found out and the boys bought it from him. I went around to see him and Pip, but the house was empty and there was no sign of them. We then got a tip off that he was over here, I thought he might have come here to see you." "That would have been nice but unfortunately I haven't seen him." "If he does turn up can you ring me?" "Sure." She smiled.

The door to the living room opened slowly. "Mum can I have something to eat please?" You can get yourself a bag of crisps, but first you can say hi to my friend Nick." "Hi Nick." "Nick has been a friend of mine for a long time." "You've certainly changed from the photos that your mom showed me." "That's so weird, you have the same accent as the guy who spoke to my dad yesterday." "Your dad never said anything to me." "You'll have to ask him; can I go and get some crisps now?" "Yeah go on." He walked into the kitchen. "Well he must have come to see me then, unless it was one of the others." "I'm the only one over here. So at least we know he's tried contact you, I did message Pip, but I guess she has a new number since she's moved over here." "But why would he not stay in contact with everyone?" "I have no idea, maybe he's met someone, and he wants to keep it a secret... I think it would be a good for him if he has, I'd be happy for him. Lacey and Tom would love him to spend more time with Noah and if he is over here, then I know they'd fly right out to see him." "I heard about Noah, you're finally and grandpa." "I was already a grandpa; my Brian has a daughter called Mackenzie and she is pretty." "I bet, runs in the family genes doesn't it." The front door opened, and Donnas husband walked in. "Hi, I'm just in here." He walked into the living room. "Hi baby." "Hi, I'd like you to meet an old friend of mine, Nick." "Hi Nick." "He's here looking for his friend, Robin said you may have spoken to him yesterday?" "Oh, I completely forgot; some guy named Brian turned up. He was looking for you, but you were out, he gave me his mobile number and address; I was supposed to pass it on to you." "At least we know he's okay." "Can I write that address down, I'm going to see if I can pay him a visit." "Yeah sure." Nick copied it down. "Thank you and I will call you guys later once I've spoken to him." With a hug, Nick left the house and got into his car.

He drove up to the house, as he parked up a familiar face walked into the house. "At least someone is home." He exited the car and made his way over to the front door, after the ringing the bell he waited for an answer. The door opened. "Oh, hey Uncle Nick." "Hey Pippin, is your dad home?" "No, he's... (She looked at her watch) at the swimming pool, come in and wait for him, he should be back soon." He walked into the house and she closed the front door. "Dad didn't say that you were coming." "I know, it's a surprise visit... how's he doing?" "He's okay, he keeps himself busy; he goes for daily runs and goes to the gym, he's actually doing what the doctors told him to." "That's good, I love the house." "It's nothing like the house in Florida, dad didn't think we needed a big house for just the two of us." "So, he didn't meet anybody then?" "Like a girlfriend? No, if he did, he didn't tell me." "That's a shame... so he doesn't mind that you're here on your own?" "No, Uncle Nick I'm ten I don't need him to watch me all of the time. If you want to check on him yourself, you can just go down to the pool and find him." "Okay, I will be back." "I know and tell dad to bring me McDonalds." "Yes miss." Nick left the house and made his way to the pool.