UDT Base

YOUMIN

He drags me into the building, after saying something quick to the other two instructors.

I'm terrified out of my mind. I can't even think a single thing for the entire time there.

What am I going to do? What am I going to say?

My head's blank.

Once we're alone, he turns to me with burning eyes.

"You're a girl."

I pale. I immediately grab for his hand when he turns away, holding onto him for dear life.

"P-Please."

I don't know what to do.

"You know I can do this, instructor." I beg, not letting go of his sleeve. "I'll do anything. Really. I just— you know I'd do anything."

His voice is bitter.

"Is your name even Jimin?"

"N-No." I stutter, and my own name sounds weird to me when I speak it.

"It's Youmin. Jimin's my brother."

And my heart drops when I see his expression. He looks betrayed— he looks lied to.

I did lie.

"I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"B-Because I lied to you." I gasp, my heart racing so fast I can barely even talk right. "I—"

"That's not what I'm asking. Why would you take your brother's place."

His features are so hard.

It's like he doesn't know me.

"H-He has asthma." I whisper, trying my best not to cry. "A bad one. I couldn't just let him come here."

His face softens the tiniest bit.

And I start to get hopeful.

Maybe he'd let me stay. Maybe he won't tell the others— maybe he'd keep teaching me how to be a sniper.

And maybe, just maybe, he'd—

"You're dismissed from training, Youmin."

My heart shatters.

________________________

I need to tell Jungkook and Jin.

I'm fighting back sobs when I see their confused expressions. I was going to miss them so much— and they didn't even know about me.

But I couldn't lie to them anymore.

"Hyung?"

Jungkook tilts his head at me. His voice is worried, and I nearly break down again when Jin taps my head.

"What's wrong, Jimin? Do we need to get some guys or what?"

"I'm not Jimin."

Jin bursts into squeaky laughter. "Yeah. You're not Jimin, and I'm not Seokjin. And that bunny-looking coconut isn't Jungkook."

"Hey!"

"No." I whisper.

Jin finally seems to notice something's
off with me. He hushes Jungkook, looking concerned at my red eyes.