Chapter 27

I really hate going to the doctor's office, it smells sterile and the posters about babies and pregnancies lining the walls are weird. There is a woman sitting on the other side of the room with a little boy that looks to be about three, and a little girl that looks about two with her brown hair pulled into little buns on top of her head, and a small boy in the carrier next to the mother, and the mother strokes her humongous stomach while watching her two older children play with toys on the floor.

Dimitri next to me is reading one of the brochures about different disabilities babies can have with laser focus and my mother is on the other side of me looking at something on her phone.

"Please tell me I won't be that big," I whisper in my mom's ear. She looks up at me and then glances over at the women across from us, and a sympathetic smirk crosses her face. "Rose, you'll probably be the same size," she whispers and I groan and slump down in the seat. I tilt my head back and close my eyes, silently cursing Dimitri. If I get that big, he isn't getting sex until way after the babies' are born.

A small hand pats my stomach and I snap my eyes open to see the little girl standing in front of me with her hand on my belly. She smiles sweetly at me, her little teeth visible as she grins. "Baby." She says and pats my stomach again. Dimitri chuckles beside me as he watches the little girl pat my belly.

"Ellie, come here," the woman across from us says. The little girl, Ellie, turns and wanders back to her mother. "I'm sorry. She sees any type of belly and yells 'baby'. It's become a problem," the woman apologizes and I wave her off. To be honest, Ellie is quite adorable.

"It's ok, there really are babies in there," I say and smile at Ellie again.

"Twins?" the woman asks, rubbing her belly again and I nod. She chuckles a little before putting Ellie to sit on her knee. "I understand. I'm expecting triplets," she says and my mouth snaps open. Oh man, six kids?!

"I get that reaction a lot," she chuckles as Dimitri snaps my mouth shut. I throw him a pointed look and look back at the lady. That poor lady, that is a lot of weight to be carrying around.

"Rose?" Dr. Chu calls and I push up out of the chair, towing Dimitri towards the room.

"Mom, you coming?" I ask and I stand up quickly and follow us in. Knowing the drill, I step onto the scale for Dr. Chu to measure my weight before hopping onto the table and shuffling my pants down to my hips. Dimitri taking my hand and standing next to my head and Mom standing next to him. I tilt my head up to look at Dimitri and he meets my gaze with a loving smile before leaning down to press a kiss to my lips.

"I see that you are all healed up," Dr. Chu says as she warms the gel up with a smile and I nod. Mom had called her Boxing day about the attack, and Dr. Chu soothed her saying that I would be fine. She wraps the blood pressure cuff around my arm and takes the measurement. Tucking a towel into my waistband, she pours the gel onto my stomach and turns the machine on.

"Any big plans for tonight?" she asks us, and I laugh.

"I will probably be asleep before the countdown. I haven't been able to sleep properly the last few nights," I joke and she laughs. I think it's hilarious that I would rather spend my New Years' Eve in bed than interacting with others, but I need sleep.

"The only downside of these scans is not being able to go to the bathroom before," I whine as the wand presses down on my bladder. Dr. Chu throws a sympathetic smile as she turns the screen towards us. "There is your little girl, and there is your little man," she says point to them on the monitor. They are curled towards each other, and our little man looks like he is sucking on his thumb.