Part One

The dim glow of a candle sheds the only light in the room, shadows shrouding the corners, concealing every nook and cranny. The gloominess was perfect for your storming thoughts that swarmed like violent wasps; the idea of your boyfriend being two hours late home, the thought of him forgetting what day it is for the both of you, the thought of him forgetting you.

As the candle burned, so did your emotions, boiling up inside your chest, threatening the nerves in your arms to raise themselves in frustration, your fingers twitching slightly. You were so preoccupied with yourself that you failed to hear someone enter the living room you brooded in."Babe?" a voice drifts into the room, doubtful.

You let your eyes swivel to your left, where a figure stands hunched against the door. You didn't have to see his face to know that he was exhausted, but you were tired too. You could feel your emotions rising to the top like steam coming out from a train; it took all your effort not to lash out at him.

"What are you still doing up?" Yoongi now sounded concerned, and slowly moved to your side before sitting himself next to you. You realize almost immediately that he doesn't reach out to take your hand in his, but you were far past caring about it. You just shook your head at him, lips pressing firmly into a thin line.

"Still not talking to me, huh?"

He sighed dejectedly. His jacket crumpling as he leaned back against the seat. His fingers are running through his hair. You remained still, listening to the sounds of his movements, not trusting your voice. However, what you didn't hear was his arm slowly extending to reach you and hover slightly above your wrist. He stopped himself when he realized you weren't paying attention to him. He withdrew his hand. "I'll see you in the morning, then," He stood up to leave.

"What day is it today, Yoongi?" The words tumbled out of your mouth before you could stop yourself. His body jerked at the sound of your voice, low and husky. You hadn't spoken to him for so long, and it almost frightened him to hear your voice. He turned around cautiously. "Today?"

Silence.

Then the realization hits him.

Like crashing waves against a cliff. Thunderous and immediate. Water splashing upon impact. His face distorted, he looks at you horrified, and then remorseful.

"I--"

"Happy anniversary,"

The apathy in your voice breaks him, and he goes towards you again, lip trembling slightly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to forget. Let me make it up to you. Here. Pick a day. I'll cancel anything, "His apologies tumble out carelessly and incoherently, and he grips your hands tightly in his; he's scared, and you know it. Because this isn't the first time, it's happened. You both remembered all too clearly what had happened the last time he forgot - it would be the last time you stayed with him.

"Don't leave, please,"

"I never left. You're the one leaving the house all the time,"

His voice faltered. "It's because of work, baby. You know what that means to me,"

"I do," The conviction in your voice startles him, and he reels back slightly, losing his composure as you stared him down stonily. "That's why I'm asking you to leave,"

It takes him a while to fully realize the seriousness of your statement. His chin juts out, and he begins to stammer again, pleadingly. "Baby, you know I love you,"

"You love your work, Min Yoongi. Not me,"

Your words hit him hard, and you can see him visibly crumple at your impact. Whatever justice you thought you would get out of this, you didn't feel a thing. No feelings of sympathy, or pity, for the man you love. The man you loved?

"Do you seriously want to do this?" he asked, his voice quivering as he held his face up, trying to hold back tears. You let yours fall freely, thankful that he couldn't see you. "It's never been about me. It's always you. It's time you decided what your life is, what it's supposed to be about," You shift to move, but his voice, now cracking, barely whimpers out his answer.

"You. I want you,"

His head turns abruptly to face you when you chuckle slowly, and for the first time, you look at him directly, a bittersweet smile forming on your lips as your vision blurred, letting his image grow unfocused beneath your tears.

"No, Yoongi. You don't because if you did, you would be home, and unfortunately, you're never here. All you do is work. I understand that you love what you do, but it worsens things when you're absent in the relationship. How long are you going to keep this up?" You ask painfully, tears threatening to fall.

"Baby,"

"This is the second anniversary that you miss. How do you think that makes me feel? You get home late, and it's a miracle if you even walk through the door. What's the point in being together if you're never here?"

"I'm trying,"

"You're not doing an excellent job, now are you?" You scoff and get up from the dining table, leaving him behind to go to your bedroom. "I can fix this," Yoongi continues to insist, but it was already too late for you. The effort should have been made throughout the relationship, not when things take a turn for the worse, causing you to break up.

"I want you to leave," You say once more, standing at your bedroom door. This feeling is, by far, the worst pain you had experienced. Yoongi is everything to you, but unfortunately, the time and effort are lacking immensely, and you could no longer accept it. The more you watch him, the worse the pain developed.

"Baby, please," He sighs, walking over to you, his feet dragging across the polished wood floor. The closer he came, the severer and unimaginable sharp pain sits deeper on your chest. You felt the rush of a thousand heartbreaks.

"I can't keep doing this," Your voice cracks as tears invade your face, pouring out heavily and painfully. "Please, go," You manage to spit out, closing the door behind you, holding yourself together for your sanity.

You don't recall how long Yoongi stood on the opposite side of the door, trying to change your mind, but your mind is made. It was the first time you and Yoongi broke up, and unfortunately, you don't see yourself returning to him. It's a devastating moment in your life, a scar that will always remain, but life must go on.

To Be Continued