[ Chapter 38 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.   

I turn around as my arm land to the space beside me while I turn my head to see it's empty. I lift my head up and look around.

" Zenix? " I asked tiredly, I sit up and yawn as the blanket fall off my body, revealing me only on my crop top and shorts.

It's raining outside and cold.

I put my legs down from the bed and see my jacket hanging, I stood up and put on my jacket, my throat is a little dry.

" He probably stayed up late in his office " I said as I place my hand on my neck.

" I need water " I said.

I yawn and stretch my arms, I move my head around when a throbbing pain suddenly hit my head.

" Whoa " I put my hand on the side of my head and take a deep breath.

I exhale then grab my phone and walk out of the room, I stand by the railing and see light from the kitchen. I walk down the stairs and look at the clock, it's 1:33am.

I turn around from the stairs and see Zenix sitting down on the bar stool with a bottle of bourbon and a cup half way filled, he stares at the table as he has his hands intertwine in front of him.

" Someone's going to have a hangover " I approach, his head shot up and smile.

" Y/n, your awake " he said and pick up him cup.

" I'm just thirsty " I said and sit down in front of him in the opposite of the counter.

" Why are you up so late? " I asked and he finishes the cup.

" Just. . . .work " he said, I pick up the bottle and fill the cup.

I put the bottle down and he was about to take it but I hold the top of the cup, he grips the cup and slide it against the table to him, I pull it back.

" Your not drinking " he said.

" I haven't had a sip of alcohol for seven months " I said, he snickers.

" Still no " he takes the cup and I scoff.

" So what got you worked up? " I asked.

He takes a sip of the bourbon and put it down.

" Just another guy trying to get in my way in getting what I want " he said, I raise a brow then snicker.

" Your already drunk, how much did you drink? " I asked.

" I have a good tolerance " he said.

I notice his hair is a little messy.

" You sure?, Looks like you had a rough day " I said.

" More like year " he said.

" Why? " I asked.

" Part of it is about some things about my work, and some of it is about you " he said, I furrow my eyebrows.

I sit straight.

" What's wrong with you? " I asked.

" He's really easy to imitate but the only thing I like about him is that he keeps bourbon " he finished the cup.

" Okay, your obviously drunk and had a rough day " I stood up and walk around the table.

" Come on, let's get you to bed " I grab his arm.

I pull him but he wouldn't budge and he pours more alcohol into his cup.

" Hey, come on, you had enough " I grab the cup from his hand and he turns his head to me with an expression on his face that brings shivers down my spine.