With a Smile

It's a lovely Monday morning. The sun is already up as early as 5:30am. Kristine's up even before her alarm clock went off. She was busy checking her OOTD on her first day at work.

"Hmmm...," she hummed as she started rampaging her closet. She took a black leather skirt, gray top and long necklace. She stared at it for a minute before she tossed it on the floor. "Girl! You're working today! Not going to a night out??!!" she exclaimed to herself. She explored her closet one more time before deciding on a pair of beige slacks and coat over a baby pink top and a pair of small earrings to complete her look. She never under estimated her fashion style until now.

"Kaye! You awake yet?" called her aunt Emily from outside her bedroom.

"Tita! Will shower now," shouted Kaye. She stays with her aunt in Laguna after her college graduation while waiting for her papers to be processed in Canada. Her parents has separated when she was 11. She stayed with her mom and never never heard from her father since then. She was an only child and her aunt Emily has been her second mom ever since her mother migrated to Toronto when she was still in college. Second year Management student to be exact.

"Tita, how do i look?" asked Kaye while doing a ballerina twirl in the living room. Her Aunt Emily was busy reading the morning papers. She took her glasses off and examined Kaye's appearance.

"You look fab!" Aunt Emily said in astonishment. "Are you sure you applied for the right job position? Not being the CEO of the company?"

Kaye laughed. "Ohhh, i love you, Tita!" She ran across the room and hugged Aunt Emily tight. "It's only a part time position. Well, just for a year or so, maybe." She let go of her hug and went to the dining table. "I will be laaaate I cant sit and enjoy this yummy breakfast." She took a bite of the bacon and hash browns and drank her coffee before heading out the door. "Wish me luck!" She blew a kiss to her Aunt Emily who walked behind her. "Goodluck!"

************************************

Kaye reached her destination a few minutes before 9am. She went to the HR office on the ground floor of the building to secure her badge.

"This is it!" she smiled at the HR officer.

"Your office will be at 811. It's to your left when you exit the elevator," said Belle, the HR asst.

Kaye left the HR office and walked hurriedly to the lobby. Lots of people have been coming in now. Everyone almost wore the same clothes that she is wearing at the moment. Kaye grinned to herself "Office girl," she sighed under her breath.

The 4 elevators are packed. Everyone's trying to squeeze in. She was finally able to get herself on one of the lifts until a tall, dark haired man stopped the door from closing.

"Duh?!", Kaye rolled her eyes in surprise. She is already 10minutes late. On her first day.

The tall, dark haired man stood infront of her and turned around. "Excuse me?!" he said as he pushed the 8th button.

Kristine's face flushed. She can feel all eyes were looking at her. She smiled sheepishly and pretended she was fixing her coat.

Ting! The elevator door opened on the 8th floor. The tall, dark haired man stepped out and turned left. "Omg! Dont tell me he is going to..." her eyes turned big as she saw him entered the door where she was supposed to go. "Oh shit!"

Kristine followed the tall dark haired man. The office went quiet as they both entered. She was a few steps away from him.

"To my office," the tall dark haired man instructed the girl by the door. He's got a very bold voice.