Chapter 10; The Elders.

ATLAS : 

"Ay, Atlas," 

"Ay human. Wake up,"

"HUUMAN !" my wolf screams in my head and I push him away before opening my eyes. 

The sun rays peeked from the curtains and fell on my chest, where my beautiful mate is still sleeping. 

I look at her bare light freckled face. Her white hair swayed lightly by my breathing and memories of last night flashed up my mind.

Her big canines and claws ripped off a rogue's head. Her being a royal wolf with the scent of a human, a weird human. 

I won't lie but I was hurt at the fact that she didn't trust us enough to tell us about her real identity. 

I push her hair from her face and her eyebrows furrow. She slowly opens her eyes and blinks twice, finally looking up at my face.

Her shiny white eyes glowed at me and her pupils dilated. I couldn't help but chuckle softly at how she looks at me.

"Good morning, " she smiles and takes a long breath. "You smell good."

I cock a brow up and ask, "Don't I always?"

"Mhm, " she kisses my neck, burying her face in causing me to shiver.

"Alpha, " Finn mind links, interrupting me. "The council members will be arriving in an hour." 

"Okay, " I replied and cut off the link. 

Isis sits up and rubs her head as I sit up too.

"The knife had wolfsbane in it, " she says looking at me and I nod. 

She sighs looking down her hand then faces me, "I-I'm sorry." 

"You could've trusted me. Do you not trust me?" I ask trying to hide the fact that I was hurt. 

"I thought you'd reject me, " she mumbles looking down at her hands. "I thought you'd leave me like me like everyone else. Everyone that I could've called my family died. Everyone I cared for left me." 

She was slowly opening up to me.

"I would never leave you, love, " I say and pull her face gently to face mine. "I will never reject you." 

"Nobody would want me. The things that come with me are horrible, " her eyes soften as she speaks. "I'm a curse to everyone that loves me. Numerous enemies want me, some want to kill me, and even those pureblood bloodsuckers. They will kill you Atlas, all of you if you take me as your Luna." 

I growl as I put her in my lap and pull her closer to my chest. No one will take her away from me. I will protect her with everything I have. 

"The moon Goddess made us mates for a reason so who am I to deny this sacred bond?" I pause. "I will stand by your side and protect you as a shield. I will fight for you till my last drop of blood and so will my pack. I, Atlas Hephaestus, give my word to you." 

She pulls away and looks at me. A stray tear slides from her eye and she pulls me roughly into a kiss. 

This kiss felt different. It had plenty of emotions swirling in it and one of them was surely love

She pulls away and presses our foreheads together. Her eyes glow translucent white as a silver crescent moon appears on her head. 

I look at her in amazement and let my golden moon appear too.

"See, we were made for each other, " I grin and she traces her hand over my moon.

"I think my mood won't burn you either, " she says as her fingers keep touching my moon.