Part 24

Draco Malfoy
After eating the food I had managed to sneak out from the great hall, both of us laid on the bed together, our arms and legs tangled together.
Having Kit as my girlfriend, knowing that she was finally mine, made me feel secure. Especially as she ran her hands through my hair and I held her waist, drawing small patterns on her skin mindlessly.
I had to enjoy this security as long as I could.

"Do you ever think about the future?" Kit asked, looking up at me with her large hazel eyes.
I tried to find something to say but I knew I had no true future.
"I try not to." I said and she sat up to look at me clearer.
"Why not?"
"Because I don't. We won't get normal futures Kit." I sighed, realising what I had said, but not ready to explain.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Come on Kit. With our parents being who they are? Our futures were decided from the day we were born." I sighed.
I watched as her face changed to being not only concerned, but also angry.
"I won't follow my parents."
"You think you know who will let you live if you don't?" I asked, partially worried that she would end up getting herself killed for what she believed was right and wrong.
"I don't know. But id rather be killed by him and know that I never followed him rather than live and be one of his murderers. A servant." She spat and my breath got caught in my throat.
"That's what you think?"
"Always have done. Always will. Nothing will change my mind." She sighed and kissed my cheek before laying back down on my chest.

I felt tears spring to my eyes.
I wasn't a murderer.
But that's how she would see me once she found out. But I didn't choose this.
I didn't want this.
And that's what she wouldn't know, and by the time she found out it would be too late.

"Are you sure you'd never change your mind? Is that how you see your parents?" I asked and I heard her sigh.
"My parents, uh, it's difficult. My parents aren't good people. But they protect me and they've given me all I could ever want. I love them. But I don't agree with them and I'm not proud of them." She said and I nodded.
"What about me?"
"What about you Draco?"
"Well, I mean, what if I ended up following him?" I asked trying not to make it clear as to what would happen this summer.
"Would you?"
"N-no."
"Then you don't need to worry."
"But-"
"Christ why are you so worried about this? We're fine. We will be fine." She said and kissed me quickly.
"I'm scared we won't be." I sighed.
"Don't be afraid. There's no need to be." She smiled and I held her face in one of my hands.
"You'll always stand by me then?" I asked and she nodded, a half smile on her face.

I desperately wanted to tell her.
I wanted to explain why before she ended up leaving me and most likely hating me.
But I knew I couldn't.
Mother and Father had told me not to mention it to anyone, not even those I was closest to.
Thinking of mother and father made me start to consider what they would say if they knew how I felt about Kit, and what they would do if they found out she was my girlfriend.
I wondered what it would be like if our families didn't hate each other.
Kit would get on beautifully with them. Her strong minded, stubborn, powerful personality would definitely impress them. And of course she was exactly equal to us.
Then I started to think about what her parents would think of me. Not that I actually knew what her parents were like.

"Hey Kit?"
"Hm?"
"If things were different, what do you think your parents would say about me?" I said and again she leaned up to look at me.
"I think, that if they got to know you, the real you not the rude, obnoxious asshole you were when we first met, but the you you are now, I think they would accept you. They'd like you Draco." She said and I smiled a little.
"Would be nice." I scoffed and she sighed before frowning. "What?"
"It would be nice. But things aren't normal are they? And they never will be."