Prologue

It's often said that love conquers all

Whether it be in a movie, a book, an inspirational quote written across a bedroom wall in sparkling paint and pastel colours, a tattoo on someone's wrist; universally it is agreed - it is the strongest power in the world.

People say love makes them do crazy things - running into a burning building, moving to the other side of the world, giving up their own dreams or careers to make another person happy... it can even make someone kill if it's strong enough.

But is that love?

Is love not the acceptance of someone just how they are?

Is it not the feeling of comfort another person brings you, the joy that their happiness ignites, the beating of your heart that knows that they'll always be there to hold you when you crumble?

I suppose love is different for every individual. 

You cannot paint everyone with the same brush.

But how is it that you're meant to move on?

If there's anything that every single person agrees on, it's that losing the one you love is the worst kind of pain. 

It breaks people, it ruins lives, it causes corruption and vengeance - it is often the cause of death and despair.

So if you were to lose the one person in the world made solely for you, the only person who could make you feel like you belonged on the entire earth.

The person who had not only shown you that you're worthy of love but that the two of you could have it together, forever.

Who accepted you, completely, utterly and without apology.

Whose introduction to your life had changed it irreversibly and completely with no point of return...

How exactly would you continue to go on?

Who would be there to keep the monster inside of you at bay?

How exactly would you continue to go on?Who would be there to keep the monster inside of you at bay?