T E E T H C O V E R E D I N R E D

A U G U S T  1 9 , 1 9 9 8

K E L C A P O V

I didn't think it would end like this.. with darkness and hate and crying and cloudy skies. I didn't think it would end with me in his arms, caressing his face with just fear enveloping me.

At that moment it didn't matter what he had done because I knew I loved him... and that one day he'd love me too, in the exact way I loved him. And that on that day, in a different lifetime, that I'd see him again. And I'd know he was the one..

There was no going back and fixing things. And now there's no doing anything.. there's just hoping that one day I'll be in his arms again, and the circumstances will be better..

We will be able to love each other then..

And sure it hurt, I mean as soon as I woke up at the hospital it was immediate, I just started bawling into Jack's chest. It hurt so bad... it hurt so bad knowing everything I predicted was right.

But one day... one day that'll all be gone and it'll just be us, different bodies different minds but not different spirits. We will be together again.. I know it.

Love is a never ending cycle between the same souls and I know we love each other, it just went wrong this time. And it's 1998 right now... so in maybe 2020 I'll meet him again and love him...

It will always be our souls, not Koas and not Jack's... me and Royces forever falling for each other until it all goes black.

And black just hit me in this life... but not the next.

A U G U S T  1 8 , 1 9 9 8 (A DAY EARLIER)

R O Y C E P O V

I shove the pieces of the Polaroid back into my wallet, hoping to god that she's okay.

Jack said she got out of the hospital today...

She got a concussion and the gashes on her back made it hard for her to move, but they couldn't find anything else that was wrong..

Jack didn't say much else to me when he came back, he just opened my door and yelled that she was okay.

He didn't say where she is or where she was going, but it didn't matter at that point when all that was circulating through me was relief.

I left my apartment, the lights off and the vibes completely turned over. Everything here was the opposite.

It wasn't sunny, clouds were all over the sky and the entire place was cold.. so cold and sad..

I wanted normal Glow Fields back.. I wanted how it looked when Kelca was happy, with the sun up and the purple skies shining and everybody laughing along the pier.

But I've gone back to the pier since then, so many colors and materials are all over the place, and Kelca's old store is shattered into pieces.. and her parents are nowhere to be found...

They're gone.

I walk down the sidewalk, my hands in my pockets and the one jacket I own wrapped around me. I jump into my pickup truck, her smell still radiating off of the passenger seat.

"Please..." I mumble to myself as I drive down the road. I know she's okay, but I don't know where she is, so I go to Jake's house first. I know her mom would be there, even if she knew everything I've done.. thats okay. I just hope she tells me where Kelca is..