Chapter 24

Jace Stumbled into the Hunter's moon bar. A place that was well known for being a Downworlder hangout, not being all to welcoming to Shadowhunters. Behind the bar counter Maia was cleaning some glasses when she looked up and noticed the blonde Shadowhunter stumble in, soaking wet from head to toe. "Well, you look like you could use a drink. And a towel." She said to Jace who turned his head to face the girl who was smiling a little. Jace swallowed down the fear and nervous down to the pit of his stomach as he walked up to Maia.

"Just, um... Just your phone?" He asked nervously hoping not to cause any trouble with her.  

"I'd ask what happened to yours, but I'm guessing it got wet."

"It's a long story." Jace sat down at the bar twiddling his thumbs as each seconded passed. 

"Well, I'm stuck here all night, and besides, I hear Shadowhunters love to hear themselves talk." Jace's eyes went wide. How did she know, was she here to bring him to the Clave for questioning  "What, you didn't think I would recognize those runes on the back of your neck?" Maia smirked and Jace noticed that she had three large scratches on the left side of her neck. Mostly made from claws.  

"You're a werewolf." Jace was now on high alert as he wasn't to popular with the Downworlder at this moment at time. 

"Typically, the phone is for paying customers, but I'm feeling generous, so..." Maia puts her phone down in front of Jace as well as a pint of beer. "On the house." 

"Thank you..." Jace motioned for her to tell him her name. 

"Maia. It's nice to meet you." She flashed a smile at the Shadowhunter as he picked up the phone dialing a number and making a phone call. Maia hoped that phone called combined with the beer would keep him here long enough for Luke and Ryan to get here and see he was the Shadowhunter that killed Gretel. A werewolf from their pact who had been taken by Valentine. Jace began to have a hushed conversation on the phone. Maia over heard something about needing to get back to the Institute as soon as he could and pledging his innocents to the Clave. It must be about Gretel.

 Maia Knew it would be a bold move to accuse this Shadowhunter in front of her of killed a member of her pact in cold blood. She had only meet two other Shadowhunters in her time in the Shadow-world, and they was Alec and Avalon , but they were only half Shadowhunter, She knew that they wouldn't hurt let alone kill anyone in the pact because they were basically part of it. Besides they were in lock down on there castle on on island in the middle of the ocean. But the pact had to find the real killer they had to go by the code if they were to make a move. Blood for blood in, which meant killing Jace in order to get justice for Gretel.  

________________________________________________________________________________

Over at the Sanctuary, Alec and Avalon were letting off some steam by training with wooden feather staffs in order to keep their fighting skill up to shape so they wouldn't have to relay on their powers. Both of the twin's were equally matched to each other, blocking and dodging each strike they gave each other only managing to land a few blows, but nothing devastating. Right now they had their staffs locked in each other's grasp until they fell onto the floor. They Both smirked at each other as the sweat dripped down their faces and continued to go hand to hand with Avalon managing to get the better of her brother. As Alec recovered from his sisters last attacked she swept his legs making fall to the floor.    

Suddenly the twin's heard Avalon's phone go off. Alec took this opportunity to knock his sister down the floor as he stood up. "Don't get distracted next time." Alec smirked as he helped his sister off the floor. 

"I still won." Avalon poked her tongue at Alec as she walked over to her phone, answering it Alec took a drink of water and watched as her face fell as she talked on the phone until she hung up her side of the call. He could fell how sad and disappointed his sister had become after the call. 

"What's wrong?" He asked walking over to Avalon who looked at him discouraged. 

"That was Ryan. He was suppose to come over but now the pack is hunting Jace."

"Why are they hunting him? Aren't the Clave already doing that?"

"They think that he killed Gretel because he joined Valentine. Meanwhile Ryan and Luke are trying to find out the truth as to what happened, so he doesn't get clawed to bits." Avalon looked down at the floor as Alec tried to comfort his twin with a simple touch on the shoulder. Avalon smiled at him. "I'm going to around the island for a bit." She brushed passed her brother and portaled herself to one of her favorite spots on the island. It was a small clearing that led to a waterfall. Avalon took off the boot's she as wearing along with the socks and dipped her feet into the cool water, whiling playing with the opal ring that was on her index finger, making her think about Ryan. Sure she was disappointed that he couldn't visit her, but she understood that he and Luke had to potentially stop the pack from killing Jace. 

Avalon was more mad that they were running after Jace which happen to Clary's brother. It seemed like the universe just loved to make everything about Clary. How she was Valentine's daughter, Having to keep secret's from her because Jocelyn said so, Simon being turned into a Vampire because the Vamp's wanted Clary, then Clary decide to turn her best friend into the vamp just so she could have Simon back. It always seemed liked other people were cleaning up after the Fairchild's messes. In a moment of pure anger, Avalon sent a burst of magic to a near by rock wall, making it crumble in nothing up rubble. After this Avalon tried to steady her breathing in order to stay calm as her marking began to flicker a golden color. After a few minutes they returned to normal. Avalon looked down at the water below her and the feeling of helplessness set in and how she couldn't see the one person she wanted to see right now more than anything in the world as the tears fell down her cheeks. 

A/N

Ok so I know that this is more of a filler chapter but please tell me what you think I want your feedback. Until next time. Would you be a Downworlder or Shadowhunter?????