Gotham Is...

Every Saturday, The Gotham Gazette includes a little story piece titled "Gotham Is". In the column, random Gotham residents are asked what they think Gotham is using three words or less. You started reading it when you were brought back to the Manor.

It was mostly as a way to avoid everyone back when you still hated everyone. You found it to be interesting to read what people thought about Gotham.

Here's a list of things you've seen.

Damned.

Cursed.

Bedlam.

Murderous.

Gotham is villainous.

Gotham is a losing game.

Gotham is hopless.

Real nice stuff, right? To think that so many people in this city thought of it as nothing more than a cesspool of crime and violence.

Scarecrow: You're all ours now!

Two-Face: No way out, Bats!

You smirked as you stood in front of Bruce's, and now your, Rouge gallery. Just another day in Arkham. You found every villian out of their cages when you were investigating a case. You jist sighed.

Y/N: No place like home.

You leaped into the crowd of psychopaths, murderers, rapists, and the worst baddies Gotham has to offer.

Once in a while, someone names one these people as their answer. Usually some kid, an edgy teen going for shock value. But now and then, someone tries to make the argument that the city is best reflected in it's villains.

For example, you were punching Two-Face across the face which brought something to mind. "Gotham is Two-Face". The city is at odds with itself. Or "Gotham is Bane". A large, angry, strong, powerhouse.

There's been a few Mr. Freezes, two Black Masks, even a few new names that Bruce never met. But for you, Gotham's villians, old or new, will never define this city. In the end they're simple and cowardly. Ruled by predictable desires.

Now with a few baddies on the ground, bloodied and bruised, you moved on to the rest. You hooked your arm with Two-Face before slamming him to the ground. You were grabbed from behind and then slammed through one of the thick glasses of the cells.

You slammed against the back wall as the horde of criminals all began to emerge from the hole and into the small cell.

You've seen a few "Gotham is" that have caught you even you off guard. Something particularly depraved or twisted. Such as the prisoner that was rubbing the bat ear on your cowl with a sinister laugh.

Joker: There you are!

You looked over your shoulder and saw the mad man himself.