Chapter Fourteen

Dedicated to Endurance Ekele ❤❤

"... for God is love." -- 1 John 4:8 (KJV)

"But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."-- Romans 5:8 (AMP)

After the emotionally-draining day Posi had had, she felt a sort of unexplainable and indescribable joy fill her heart so much that she felt like she would burst with it

After the emotionally-draining day Posi had had, she felt a sort of unexplainable and indescribable joy fill her heart so much that she felt like she would burst with it. Her friends had left after ensuring that she was okay. They had even had some sort of celebration to welcome her into the family with wine and slices of red velvet cake.

Posi smiled as she laid in her bed. It was mind-boggling how her heart felt full and at the same time, she felt way lighter than she could ever remember feeling. It was truly amazing how opening her heart to the God she never once gave the time of the day could make her feel like she could conquer anything. She didn't feel bound anymore. The chains were off. The shackles broken asunder.

That feeling that her heart had always yearned for, was right there with her. Her search for something more was over. She had the Someone More.

She knew she still had some healing to do and some letting go to do, but right now, her heart basked in the true warmth of love she felt. It was cascading over her in wave after wave like the waves of the sea. She felt regenerated, remade, reborn. She was now in the League of the Born Afresh and Born Anew.

It is born again, Posi. She laughed staring at her ceiling.

She was even going to church with them the next day. She had asked Funmi what was appropriate churchwear and her friend had been more than glad to help pick out an outfit. Gerald had only rolled his eyes when he saw that they were talking about gowns and midi-skirts and ruffled tops.

With a whisper of thanks to her God, she smiled and slept off thinking. My God. My Father. Mine…

******

It was the Thanksgiving Day for the Sijuade Family. Tayo had woken up that morning filled with thanks to God for saving him, his family and restoring his joy. The royal family had picked the colour purple for their attire. The ladies all dressed in purple lace and cream coloured aso òkè for their gèlè, while the men wore purple kaftan material sewn into agbádá or just bùbá and sòkòtò with matching cream-coloured fìlà.

Tayo watched as his family filed out from the youngest Prince Adebisi, Princess Adebambo, Princess Adetutu, Prince Adegbenro, to himself. Their eldest brother, Prince Adekunle, had been unable to make it back in time for the ceremony. So they had settled for a video call/stream of the service as it occurred so he would still be part of it. And then the queens, Olori Aderonke, his mum, and Olori Ariyike stepped out hand-in-hand with wide smiles on their faces.