Chapter 14

It is now Saturday, and I haven't had any depression fits just yet. I remember to take the potions every morning like a good girl. I didn't give Draco the love potion yet because I feel like I should wait until the perfect time.

 Potter was my biggest competition in potions, and Slughorn called us his most talented students. Potter is cheating; I am not. It frustrates me that he's getting more attention than usual; not only because he's the alleged Chosen One, but also because he is now a supposed potions master. What a prat.

"Don't you need to go to Dumbledore's for Phoenix training?" Pansy asked and I sighed.

 "I suppose," I groaned, standing up. Draco had previously been kissing my neck, but of course father interrupted that. I think he's doing it on purpose now. I gave Draco one last kiss and walked off to Dumbledore's; father had left soon after he broke up our intimate little moment. There was no getting it back after that. I walked out of the common room and began walking up the flights of stairs to his office. He'd given me a letter this morning with the password, which I was thankful for.

 "Lemon Drops," I said and then walked up the stairway. I knocked twice and entered when Dumbledore gave me the okay.

 "Hello Miss Riddle," he smiled, and I eyed his burnt hand before looking into his eyes.

 "Hello," I nodded.

 "I'm afraid I have a serious topic to speak to you about before we get on with training," he said and I nodded.

 "The Ministry and Azkaban are considering sending you to a mental asylum," he said and I didn't say anything.

"A few other professors here agree, and even Madame Pomfrey is a bit convinced; I dare say I've been thinking the same. You aren't well, my dear," he said, taking my hand.

 "So...you want to send me back to Mungo's?" I asked dully.

 "No, dear, no. To an actual asylum," he said gently.

 "I won't go," I protested.

 "We aren't sending you yet, but they are all rather concerned about you. Mungo's doctors even agree it might be a healthier environment than the school," he said and I shook my head, taking my hand out of his.

 "There's nothing wrong with me," I whispered.

 "I believe that you are powerful, but there's something else making you this way. It isn't just the Phoenix," he admitted.

 "You told me it was just depression! You said there was nothing else wrong with me," I cried.

 "I did believe that at one point...but not any longer. I'm so sorry, Leah. There is no definite verdict yet, but everyone is contemplating it. I'm truly sorry. For now, we'll go one as usual, yes?" he asked and I did the only thing I could. I nodded.

 "Headmaster...may I ask you something?" I asked after a slight pause. He gestured for me to go on and I took a breath.

 "What exactly do you think is wrong?" I asked.

 "We think you might have bipolar tendencies, and you might... have anger management. Along with suicide attempts and a possible alteration to your brain," he said.

 "What type of alteration?" I clenched my jaw.

 "One that only magic can do. You, my dear, have too much dark magic. However, we must press on as if I never said a word," he smiled gently and I held back tears as I nodded.