ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ☆

Oh no...no, no, no.

All you wanted was a simple life, but it had a way of messing you around. You might be partially to blame, considering the amount of alcohol you'd consumed the previous night, but at no point did you imagine this was going to happen.

You glanced at the sleeping figure beside you, his dark hair sprawled out across the silk pillowcases and his breath coming out in long, quiet snores.

You bit on your lower lip, maybe it was a coincidence you'd woken up here, maybe you hadn't...nope, a quick peek under the duvet revealing absolutely no clothes whatsoever squashed that thought.

Fuck, what was the time? You'd promised to help Duff with the guitars early today. He was the reason you were here in the first place, you'd known him since you were both kids, tagging along to almost every show he ever did. It was partly to support him, but also because you found everything so fascinating.

When he announced he was moving to LA, you were heartbroken. You couldn't imagine what you were gonna do without "Duffles" around. It wasn't romantic between you at all, you were just best friends who could spend months together and never tire of each other's company...

"But, what am I going to do without you?" you sniffled, reddened eyes peering up at Duff as you tried your hardest not to cry.

"What do you mean?" Duff seemed genuinely confused, he took a few steps closer and placed a hand on your back.

"It's okay, I'll make it work, this is your dream and I want you to be happy," you nodded, deciding against the whole 'don't leave me' act.

"Y/N, you know we're like a duo right? What was it you called us the other day?"

"Buy one get one free?" now you were confused, your eyes stopped tearing up as you stared at him.

"So why would you think I'm going without you? We're moving to LA," he chuckled, patting the hand on your back.

You'd been with him through the whole thing, meeting the band, the arguments, the succession. Duff taught you everything he knew about guitars, and now you were one of the people who kept the guitars in check and tune.

You'd developed close relationships with the band, minus Izzy, he was always a hard person to get close to. Not that you were intentionally trying, and it wasn't like you didn't get on. He was there when you had a blazing row over the phone with your family, the one that left you crying for days, you hadn't seen them since.

You sighed, how were you going to get up without him waking? You didn't feel ready to confront whatever had happened just yet. You slid out of the bed, careful because you knew he was a relatively light sleeper, finding your clothes in the dark proved to be quite a task but after a few minutes you'd successfully found them all.

You exited the room, slowly closing the door and sitting on the floor to put your boots on, where it wouldn't stir him.

"Y/N? What were you doing in Izzy's room?"

You froze mid-zip, your eyes travelling over to the voice to find Duff and Axl's faces plastered with mixtures of confusion and shock. They hadn't expected this, neither had you.

You finished zipping up your shoes and stood up, gazing blankly as you tried to think of exactly what you should say. Duff's eyebrow raised expectantly, Axl's lips had curved into a smirk.

"C'mon, we can discuss this later," Duff rolled his eyes and started walking towards his room, you and Axl on his tail.

"So, some girl once told me his cock almost split her in half, how true would you say that is?" Axl grinned, that cocky 'I know I'm making things worse' grin.

"I bet he's into choking and shit, looks like the type, is he?"

"Axl, knock it off," Duff warned as you approached his hotel room, Axl stifled a laugh but stopped anyway, Duff wasn't someone anybody enjoyed pissing off.

Nobody spoke of it again for the next hour, you helped Duff tune up all of his guitars so they were ready for rehearsals tomorrow and Axl laid there and watched, Slash and Steven walking in and out as they pleased. Slash wasn't too happy this morning, he never listened when you warned him to stop mixing JD with wine, it's never going to end well.

When the guitars were put away, your stomach started rumbling, loud enough for everyone else to notice it anyway.

"Let's go get some food," Duff suggested.

"Great! I'm starving," Steven beamed.

"Sorry, Stevie, I meant just us. I'm sure Axl and Slash will take you to get something though?" he glanced over at Axl who nodded in response, his eyes flickering between you both.

You began heading out with Duff, pausing for a second when he stopped to turn around.

"Get Izzy up? He needs feeding too."

Okay, good sign, he wasn't pissed with Izzy.

You only really spoke about the next show while you were trying to find somewhere local to eat, the occasional story cropping up from last nights after party too. You settled on a small, slightly hidden place that claimed to have the best pancakes in the area.

Suddenly, Izzy sprang back to mind and your hunger just wasn't there anymore. What were you going to do?

The waitress came over, writing down Duff's order of pancakes and black coffee before turning to you.

"Uh, just a coffee please," you mumbled, Duff shook his head immediately.

"And the same pancakes as mine, thank you," he ordered for you, waiting until the waitress walked off to ring it in.

"You're starving, why don't you wanna eat?"

"I just...feel a bit off."

"Alright, time we address the elephant in the room. What happened last night? Did you and Izzy-" he didn't get to finish that line, you interjected pretty quickly.

"I...I guess? I don't remember a lot but I woke up with nothing on, what am I supposed to say? I've probably just made everything so awkward. Then again, if I hadn't woken up beside him I'd never remember, maybe he doesn't remember," you began rambling, convincing yourself of the chance.

"If he didn't remember, Axl's probably already told him. Fuck, I thought you were getting a bit flirty with each other last night but I didn't think this was gonna happen."

"Wait, what?"

"You were all over each other at one point, you don't remember Slash cheering you on while you were grinding against each other? You split after that, so we thought it was just some playful dancing, definitely didn't think you'd fuck."

You definitely did not remember that happening at all, you sighed and placed your head in your hands.

"Don't worry, I'm not like pissed or anything...I just. I know what Izzy's like. And I know I have to be neutral no matter what happens, which you know I hate doing when it comes to you," he shrugged, ah yes, if you and Izzy start fighting Duff just can't get involved. You never expected him too, you'd got yourself into this.

"I know, I know," you waved a hand dismissively as plates of pancakes were set down in front of you.

"It'll be fine, I'm sure," Duff smiled, trying to reassure you, "now, eat up, we've got a long day ahead."