Chapter 24: Tequila

Chapter 24: Tequila

I grabbed the box of soda Mason had brought and walked over to the kitchen counter to place it there.

"This is a great house," Mason said, startling me.

I turned around to see him leaning by the wall. His figure was sort of tall. He was kind of in the middle of Daniel and Aiden, he was taller than Daniel but shorter then Aiden. His arms were firmly crossed supporting each other. He held a warm smile on his face and his brown eyes looked at me kindly.

"Yeah. It's Gabe's," I reply as I wipe my palms against my black jeans.

Well duh, it's Gabes, Heaven.

He chuckles and sits on one side of the counter. Now that he was up close I could see the freckles that formed on his light skin.

"I get the feeling Aiden doesn't like me very much," he said after a while.

"He's like that to everyone. Except for Daniel and Gabe," I reply with a small laugh as I take a seat on the chair that is across from him.

"Yeah. It's just that I kind of wanted to have people that liked me you know," he replied as he scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I like you," I start before I realize what I said, "I mean in a friendly way," I quickly add.

I feel my face slightly heat up from embarrassment. Jeez, Heaven get yourself together. I mean when you're in one lake house with 4 hot boys it's really hard.

Did I just say that?

Ew, I did.

He laughs breaking me out of my thoughts, "You're funny," he says with a small smile.

We talk about random stuff and totally forget what we were doing tonight. It felt nice to talk to him. Of course, I didn't tell him much of me but he was kind and was very open.

"So why'd you move into the school year so late?" I ask him.

"My parents split, my mom took my brother and my dad took me. I didn't want to separate from him but I had too. My dad moves me to new schools every time he gets a new job. I'm used to it, it's not the end of the world. He says this school would be permanent and I might even be able to stay the whole senior year," he answered.

His story was like Daniels except for the parents not leaving him. It really hurts me when parents split, unless for good causes.

Before I could reply I was cut off.

"Can you two lovebirds shut up and come over into the living room we're about to play," Daniel said interrupting our conversation.

I get grossed out by the mention of lovebirds. Mason and I? Yeah, no.

He is hot though.

Yeah but I don't want to date remember.

Who said you have to date? Ever heard of a one night-

I stop myself immediately from finishing my minds thought and quickly reply to Daniel's comment, "Were not lovebirds. It's called friends,"

Mason laughs and gets up from his seat. He walked out of the kitchen and passed by Daniel giving him a nod.

"I don't like him," Daniel whispers as he walks over towards me checking behind himself to make sure Mason was not listening.

I scoff, "You don't like him because of Layla,"

"You know Heaven for a girl who doesn't talk about herself a lot...you sure talk a lot," he replies with a fake smile.

"Shut up," I reply with a laugh.