Contaminated Orange Juice

This morning I woke up to a foot in my mouth. A foot! Thankfully it was Channing's sick covered foot and not Scott's sweaty foot. Yes, I've Scott's foot in my mouth from when we were younger and he was too scared to sleep in the guest room. It was a very traumatic experience for me.

"Good morning," I lean over Channing to greet Malia.

"You must've lost your mind, I saw that foot in your mouth. You're not kissing me until you brush sir." She wrinkles her nose in disgust before looking back at her phone. Claudia is sprawled out in my favorite position, on Malia's chest, while Malia looks up at the phone in her hand.

"Wowwww. I'm pretty sure I've kissed you after you hunted a DEER, but I can't get a peck after a sock was in my mouth?" I grumble as I make my way out of the huge bed.

"Stiles if you wake the girls with your yelling I will hurt you, so I suggest you shut the hell up." She growls out without looking away from her phone.

What do I did next? I shut the hell up, tip toe to the bathroom, and silently close the door to start my morning routine of showering and brushing my teeth. After I'm finally dressed for the day I walk back into the room to see somehow both girls are smothering my fiancé. Let me go and be useful for a change.

"Good morning my babies, it's time to wake up. Open those beautiful eyes for your daddy." I whisper to the girls as I stroke their hair back from my seat on the edge of the bed.

"Hi daddy!" Claud chirps as she sits up and rubs her eyes.

"Where did Moana and Mommy S go?" Chan grumbles out, she's less of a morning person than Claud.

"Mommy S is right downstairs. She knew daddy would forget to put your hair in a bun or braid so it didn't get tangled in your sleep. So your amazing Mommy S is here to sort that out, but a little birdie told me she also made banana pancakes." I whisper out the last sentence while looking around. The girls immediately scramble up to run out the door.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth please," I yell after them. "Okay now that they're gone can you tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"See experience and common sense tell me that it's never nothing."

"Stiles...." She sighs while still laying down looking at her phone.

"No, your mood completely changed when I was waking the girls up and I want to talk about it. What happened?"

"Why is Sam always here?" She blurts out while sitting up and finally throwing her phone to the side.

"She's family," I shrug, "not only does she help with the girls but she basically runs my entire career. Lord knows I can barely remember my own social security number."

"Okay, but isn't she too close to the girls?"

"Malia she's the only mother figure they can remember. Their mom died before they were one and Sam is the only one they remember. We've told them about their biological mom, we celebrate her every year, and they respect her position. But they've chosen to respect Sam the same way and I didn't see anything wrong with that since I knew I wasn't getting serious with any other women except you. I also wasn't sure when or if you would allow me to be back in your life again."

"I understand that, but I'm here now too. I don't want to force any relationships on the girls but I love them like they're my own. It just hurts my feelings that Sam is Mommy S and I'm stuck being Mali." She looks away after revealing all of that. "But don't get me wrong, I love being Mali, I just don't want to be an outsider in my own family."