[Chapter 3]

You followed behind Asa, wondering how far the town was. Hopefully not that much further because your legs were already starting to ache.

"How much longer?" You groaned, trudging along while Asa's posture was tall and straight.

"Tch, you're already tired? It's only a few minutes away. This forest is still in the kingdom of Laidora after all so it won't take long to get to the main city." He replied, not bothering to slow down for you.

You hummed in response and decided to admire the scenery to take your mind off the soreness in your legs. A couple birds were seated on the branch above you and you smiled. Back in your dimension, you didn't get to admire nature that much due to living in a bustling city.

"Why do you need help getting to the city anyways? If that cottage we were just in is yours, then you should be familiar with the surroundings."

Oh no. You fiddled with your fingers and looked to the side. "Well.. I'm actually a foreigner and I just rented out that cottage for a while so I'm new to this place."

He seemed to believe your words because he said nothing after that.

It seemed like forever, but you finally got to the edge of the forest. You gasped at the sight before you, barely believing your eyes.

The town looked straight out of a fantasy story. Houses and buildings littered the cobblestone paths and people filled the streets. The smell of food you've never tried before filled your nose and you could hear the voices of the citizens.

Your eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets when you saw the humongous, shiny castle at the opposite end of the city. "This can't be real.." You muttered under your breath.

"What did you just say?" Asa questioned, having not heard you properly

"What did you just say?" Asa questioned, having not heard you properly. "O-Oh nothing! Thank you so much for bringing me, I can figure it out from here."

Asa eyed you from the corner of his eye and he rose his brow. "If ya' say so."

And with that, he disappeared into the crowd of faces without sparing you a second glance.

You sighed, feeling a little depressed. That would be the last time you'd ever see him and although he was rude, it was so interesting to spend time with a fictional character. You'd miss him a little.

Shrugging, you decided not to dwell on it. After all, you had this whole kingdom to explore!

You walked down the cobblestone street, feeling out of place. You could practically feel the stares on your back. 'They're probably judging me for wearing men's clothes. Why does it even matter to them? Do they have nothing better to do with their lives?'

In your defense, you didn't even know they were clothes made for men. Clothes are clothes, it doesn't matter. But still, you didn't want to feel like an outcast so it would be best to find some extra clothes.