sorry

Rhea's POV

My ringing phone woke me up, I sat up and picked the call up without even opening my eyes.

"Did you get the invite?" Preeti shouted as if I was a deaf woman.

"What do you want?" I paid dead ear to her question, I don't want to talk about that and ruin my mood in the morning.

"Woah, some one is in a grumpy mood," she commented.

"Well that someone got scolded for not concentrating at work, that someone came back home to face her friend who abandoned her and much to her dismay he was there to invite her for his wedding," I countered her.

"Umm..." She couldn't speak now, great!

I sighed, "Sorry for shouting," I spoke after few minutes of silence.

"It's fine, I know you do that a lot and it has been a routine for me, now tell me what did you say to Abhay?" She is back to her interrogation.

"I said I will be there," I heard her gasp on the other side," I know, I don't know how I said it, before I can register I blurted it out," I explained.

"You have no choice but to go," she spoke, I know she must be calculating some stories how to rescue me.

"I know, but you will be there, we can cover it up," I cheered but didn't get a reply from her, " no no no, don't bail on me please pleaseeee," I begged.

I will be like a deer in front of headlights without her if I was even thinking of going.

"I am not coming, my in-laws are coming and I need to be there," she said.

"Then I will not go," I finalized, I can't go alone, I am socially very very awkward and a failure at small talks.

"You should go, didn't you read the invitation, the wedding is happening in a church," she said making me to grab the invitation ripping it open to see inside.

It was indeed happening in church and I have always wanted to witness a wedding in the church, bride walking down the aisle in her white dress.

"Why don't we have any other Christian friends?," I whined, it was my only chance to fulfill my dream.

"I don't know but..," she waited for a second may be thinking for a solution, "you can always ask someone," she added.

"Di is not leaving her house it would be difficult for the baby," I huffed.

"I was not implying Aarushi," she stopped speaking.

Then who is she referin..no!

"Not happening," I confirmed.

"But why!" It was her turn to whine.

"Because...,"

"Don't tell me you messed up with him," she warned.

"Because someone shouted at him and cut his call in anger?," I asked sheepishly.

I must have reacted a little aggressive but my mind was not functioning at that time and when it doesn't I have no control over my mouth.

"RHEA!!!,"she shouted, I cringed taking my phone away from my ear.

"You apologize to him right now, I know you become this creepy monster who is to be left alone when angry but he doesn't, you did a mistake," she ordered.

Guilt filled me and now I feel like shit for speaking with him like that, should I say sorry? Or should I leave him to calm down?

"Don't even think of waiting," Preeti warned as if reading my mind," you are calling him right now and called me back to report after I end this call which is now," with that she ended the call.