Ghost House

It had always come as a surprise to me that Aunt Sylvia had put me first as opposed to one of my siblings or cousins. I was the favorite niece. Did I mind the attention? No. In fact, I thrived on it. I loved that I was the favorite. Who wouldn't?

Not all good things are meant to last forever. Recently, I'd found out that Aunt Sylvia had, unfortunately, passed away. I never found out what caused her death, but it'd never been released to the public. In her will, Sylvia left her Estate to me. The Estate on Raymond Avenue. I smiled to myself. My siblings might call me a spoiled brat for the fact I received the most out of all of them. I could only internally laugh. They were in the past now. I didn't need to associate with them anymore. I had myself.

The only problem? I had no clue where her Estate was. I looked at the GPS and felt so lost. I pulled over and exited the car, looking for someone to ask. I looked at a random woman. "Excuse me, ma'am, but do you know where I can find the Estate on Raymond Avenue?" I pulled up a picture on my phone and showed it to her. "This is what it looks like."

"Um..." the woman looked confused. "There is no Estate on Raymond Avenue. I'm sorry, but I think you're hallucinating."

I gasped in horrified shock. "I'm not hallucinating! This is a real house! If anything, you're hallucinating! You're spreading lies to the youth's brains!" I couldn't contain my anger. "I'll find it, and when I do, people will know it's not fake!"

"Good luck with that," the woman scoffed before walking away. Ugh. The nerve of that woman. Glaring at the back of her head, I got back into my car and resumed driving. 

It was a longer drive than I expected, but I didn't mind. I loved it. The anticipation was killing me on the inside. I couldn't wait to see it! Pulling up to Raymond Avenue, I quickly started looking in anticipation.  But...there was nothing. On the patch of land where the Estate was supposed to be, there was only a patch of land. I could only gasp in horror at the thought of being tricked. Maybe there was a fog covering the house. Pulling over, I quickly exited my car and sprinted towards the land. 

Running through the dry grass, I could see my suspicions were right. There was a fog. Continuing my relentless sprint, I ran towards the building now that it was visible. It looked old and broken down. I tried entering, but the door seemed to be locked. I tried again, but this time, it opened slowly with a creaking sound.

"Hello?" I called out, only to regret it. The door slammed shut and heavy fog covered the outside.

"Hello Karen..." a ghostly voice trailed off. "Let's play a game, where you can't escape..."