Chapter One.

Edited by Debbi_theChocEditor

I took a deep breath and glanced down at the piece of paper in my hands. I wish I could say it was my homework but honestly it wasn’t. I had tried to work on that English assignment but I just couldn’t. My mind was preoccupied with my Attachment Plan.

That’s why I was staring cautiously at the paper. On it I had jotted down my plan and honestly, I was really putting myself out there for this. Some of the things like walking past each other in the hallway weren’t that bad but then I came across ones like flirting and that was a dead end. Flirting was meant for the pretty girls and the ones in movies who always end up with prince charming. Flirting was not meant for nerdy nobodys like Jasmine White. I had practiced flirting once with a teddy bear of mine and let’s just say there is a first and last for everything and flirting wasn’t meant for me. Not to mention the fact that my father had walked in on me reading a flirty comment from a magazine to the teddy. That was embarrassing.

I had gotten the list from a handful of different sites on how to get a guy to fall in love with you and I hoped this would work.

Tomorrow at school was when I planned on starting the first one. I figured it would take a few days to complete the first plan of action but honestly I knew it wouldn’t.

The first thing on the list was 'Observe Him'. I have been observing him for four years already but I wasn’t ready to skip a step so I figured I would watch him extra close for thelittle while more. And besides, these dating sites know best, maybe there was something I’ve missed that may have been important and if I skipped the observation part, I  would’ve never known. We can’t have that happening.

I folded the list up and put it under my alarm clock for safe keeping before lying down in my bed and turning the lights out.

_-_-_-_-_

I got to school extra early today for one reason; Ty had football practice. Now, I hadn’t quite decided how I was going to do this sans getting caught but so far my best option is to hide behind the bleachers or dress up as a football player and sit on the bench. And I wasn’t really hoping for the latter.

So I decided to freeze my butt off under the bleachers watching the football players practice, trying to find Ty. I knew he was number fifty-two but the problem was that there was no fifty-two at practice.

Honestly that should have been the first sign. I knew Ty wasn’t the type of guy to miss practice; he was very serious about football. He was one of their most valued players and a quarterback for the team. And although early in the year, I’ve heard his name being whispered around about possible football scholarships. He wouldn’t blow off practice. Another thing I should have noticed was that none of Ty's football buddies were at practice either.

I was now in the washroom around ten minutes before class started with Danielle. I was looking at my hair in the mirror and inspecting myself.

Normally I didn’t bother to consider how I looked but now I needed to impress Ty and I knew I didn’t make the cut. Although I love my locks of brown, Chantel was blond. My hair had natural waves that my father had once described as calm waves in the ocean. Chantel had un-naturally straight hair, not to mention that it went down to her butt.

“I still can’t believe you went to the junior football teams practice!” Danielle laughed.

“I didn’t know,” I huffed, punching her arm.

“And it was so cold this morning!”

“Shut up.”

“And even though you couldn’t find Ty, you still sat through the whole two-and-a-half-hour long practice!”

“I know okay, stop making fun of me. If I had known it was junior I wouldn’t have gone.” I said finishing off my hair and picking up my bag.

“Oh but I’m glad you did. You’ve just made my day and it’s only nine o’clock.” Danielle said following me out.

I had English first period whereas Danielle had Biology so we had to go our separate ways. I was walking down the hallway to my class when I spotted Ty. I mean, he was in my English class but it was the first time seeing him since yesterday when my plan was created. And he was walking straight towards me. Oh My Gosh! This is the moment he will finally notice me and realize that we were meant to be . . .

And he just walked straight past me without the slighted glance my way. I felt myself slouch and then walk into the classroom with my hopes crushed.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Lunch was completely dedicated to step 1. We – and by that I mean me and an annoyed Danielle – sat a few tables away in a position where I had a clear view of Ty. He was acting pretty normal for a guy who had just broken up with a long time girlfriend. He was hanging with his friends talking about whatever the male specimen talk about and they were eating hamburgers or something. Typical Ty lunch to me but I’m only just starting the observation part so we’ll see what I learn when tomorrow rolls along.