Platform 9 3/4 & Hogwarts

"Go on now, Draco, take care of your cousin." Aunt Narcissa said. "I will mother, and we'll both be in Slytherin," Draco said pushing his cart towards platform 9 ¾. I sighed, "Thank you, Aunt Narcissa, I'm pretty sure I will be the one taking care of him instead."

     I put my things up and got onto the train. I looked around for a compartment with Draco. I opened one up and saw two boys, "Oh, sorry I'm looking for my cousin. Seems like he's not here." I started to close the door until one of them spoke. "No, stay. I'm Ron, Ron Weasley. And this is Harry Potter." The red-haired boy said. "I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n," I said, sitting across from them. "So who's your cousin?" Harry asked. "Oh, his name is Draco Malfoy, we're both purebloods, but completely opposite," I said playing with the necklace Aunt Narcissa gave me on my sixth birthday.

     "Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one." A girl with frizzy brown hair asked opening the compartment door. "I don't think so," I said. Ron had his wand out and his pet rat Scabbers. "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then." The girl said, still in the doorway. Ron cleared his throat, "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" Nothing happened. "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good now, is it? Of course, I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example..." She walked over to Harry and pointed her wand at his glasses. "Oculus Reparo." The glasses get repaired and Harry takes them off and looks at them amazed. "That's better, isn't it? Holy cricket, you're Harry Potter." She exclaimed, " I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger... And you are?" She said looking at Ron.

     "I'm...Ron Weasley." He said with a mouth full of food. "And you?" Hermione asked looking away from Ron and at me. "I'm Y/n L/n," I said looking up from my book. "Pleasure to meet you all. You two better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon." She got up and turned around in the doorway. "You've got dirt, on your nose, by the way, did you know? Just there." She said pointing at where it was if it was on her nose, Ron's cheeks tinted pink, and Hermione walked away.

     When we got into Hogwarts I saw an old lady, probably a professor. "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule-breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." She explained. A toad appears out of nowhere and so does a boy. "Trevor!" He exclaimed and looked up at the professor. "Sorry." He mumbled and slipped back into the crowd. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." the professor said and walked out.

     "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Draco said murmur spread through the crowd. This is Crabbe, and Goyle" Draco said pointing to the people behind him. "and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." Ron snickered. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Draco said, extending his hand out to Harry. I looked at him and shook my head.

     "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks," Harry said, earning a giggle from me, and a glare from Draco. The professor came back and smacks Draco with a paper. He glared at Harry one last time and turned around. "We're ready for you now." The professor said and led us through a set of doors.

     "It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione said to no one in particular. "All right, will you wait here please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." the professor said. We were all crowded into a line between two tables. "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the dark forest is forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr.Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Professor Dumbledore said. "When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." She called. Hermione went up and sat down, she looked nervous. "Mental, that one," Ron whispered to Harry. I hit him in the back of the head really hard. "Shut up. She's way smarter and better than you." I said. "Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!" The sorting hat said, which earned cheers from the Gryffindor table.

     "Draco Malfoy." the Professor said. Draco walked up and sat down, before the hat even touched his head it yelled, "Slytherin!" he walked off with a smirk on his face. After what seemed forever, my name got called. "Y/n L/n." I walked up and sat on the stool. "Very intelligent, but also kind, but you want to prove yourself... Gryffindor!" The sorting hat yelled. I winked at Draco and walked over to Hermione and sat next to her. "I thought you would be in Slytherin," Ron said, which earned him a kick in the shin from Hermione. Professor McGonagall took silverware and hit it on her cup a few times, "You're attention, please." She said. "Let the feast...begin," Dumbledore said, and food magically appeared on the table.

     Wow." Harry mumbled. "So, are you actually related to that arse Draco?" Hermione asked me. I sighed, "Yeah, he acts like this because of Uncle Lucius, he's more of an arse." She nodded. Then all of a sudden a ghost popped out of a bowl of chicken wings Ron was reaching for. "Ahh!" Rom screamed. "Hello! How are you? Welcome to Gryffindor." It said to Ron, who was still shocked. "Hello, Sir Nicholas. Did you have a good summer?" Percy asked the ghost. "Dismal. Once again, my request to join the headless hunt has been denied." He replied and started to leave. "Hey, I know you! You're Nearly Head Nicholas!" Ron said. Nicholas turned around and said, "I prefer Sir Nicholas if you don't mind." "Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Hermione asked. He showed us and we all cringed in disgust.

--------------------------------------------

     After we all finished eating, Percy showed us the way to the Gryffindor rooms. Hermione and I shared a room. "I'm glad it's just us in this room," Hermione said, plopping onto her bed. "Yeah, I think my Aunt might've done something to pull this off though," I replied.

We ended up talking for longer than expected, so we went to bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: This is the first chapter of this story! Please leave your thoughts, vote, and stay tuned for the next chapter!