Wand Troubles

Nothing.

John felt stupid.

He peaked up at Ollivander, who shared an equally bemused face.

Well this was embarrassing .......magic stick John's ass...

John shook his head, suddenly found himself with an idea.
His magic wasn't the same as theirs, but John still had magic of his own. Maybe if he tried.......

He looked back down to the gray wand, his face switching to a slight determination.

Gripping the stick tight, he felt an energy coil around it.
Alright then.....maybe if he added a little 'oof' into it!-

"Lumos!-"

SNAP

"-Whoah!"

John dropped the stick by instinct, whipping his hand away as if it burned to the touch.

The mage glanced to his chaperone.

To his surprise he was dumbfounded.

"Uhh........Sorry?"
In John's defense, magic was unpredictable.

"Interesting.........Ah-Don't you worry my boy, this kind of reaction, while not specifically, happens quite frequently."

John couldn't help but look slightly relieved that he wouldn't he held accountable for an accident that he was only slightly involved with.

"Now know this, the wand chooses the wizard Mr. Constantine. It must be a positive reaction on both sides for the relationship to work."

If only John got that advice his senior year.

The old wizard chuckled, "Why do you think I brought over these? But I do wonder....not many have reacted so physically....as in..to..snap in halves."

Alright Johnny boy, tone it down bout eight notches...

Ollivander picked up the broken wand lying on the counter, placing the halves back into their box and off to the side.

"Alright, let's try the next one hm?"

John watched as he the man sorted through the four boxes before choosing the last one on the right.

"Here we are-Blackthorn with a Dragon Heartstring core, a beautiful wand."

Ollivander pulled out a sleek black wand, ominously shiny to the eyes.

John would be lying if he said that it didn't look cool as hell.

The wand was placed in his palm with the same cautious manner.

Understandable at this point.

John took his time examining it this time, he didn't care for the other last time-and look where that got him.

The wand was long, maybe 7-7 1/2 inches.
Whether that was long for a wand, John sure as hell didn't know.

A dark handle spun and coiled around the stick's end, appearing almost like a dark brown.

Ok.
Let's take it slow this time.

John feed bits of his magic through his hand and to the wand, to his surprise John felt something there.