14. snowball fight

TRAINING WHEELS—
SNOWBALL FIGHT.

014

Bloody hell, Draco. You're so annoying. I hate you. I hate your perfect blimmin' hair and the way you do that stupid half-smirk when one of your friends says something funny because you're too fucking stubborn to actually laugh. Oh, and that thing you do where you rest your chin on your jaw and look so innocent but I know for a fact that you're not—

"Amora." Leon waved his hand in front of the brunette's face, snapping her out of the daydreaming state that she had previously been in.

Draco and Amora hadn't spoken to each other since he danced with her in McGonagall's lesson just over two weeks ago, and she assumed it had something to do with the fight he'd had with Harry. Not that they'd normally talk anyway-- this year was the most that they'd ever spoken. However, no rude remarks or even glares had come her way.

It was quiet. Too quiet.

"Something interesting on the Slytherin table, Amora?" Leon teased. "Blaise Zabini, perhaps?"

Immediately, Amora went to dismiss Leon's accusations, but her best friend was met with a soft whack to the side from Kathy. The girl with uncontrollably blonde curly hair pushed her glasses up her nose and frowned.

"Leave Amora alone," Kathy insisted.

Amora very nearly shook her head, but she decided it was best to just go along with it. No way would she ever admit that she'd been watching the blond boy next to Blaise. How she'd been secretly gushing over every single move he made, from the way his fingers flexed when they reached up to brush his hair out of his face or the way he dressed so smartly despite it being the weekend.

"Has Harry apologised yet?" Leon questioned, "It was rather hard to ignore him in Charms yesterday, considering he kept turning around in his seat to talk to me."

It had been an entire week since Harry had humiliated her in front of all of her friends and she hadn't necessarily been avoiding him, but any time their paths crossed, which happened to be quite often considering they shared some of the same classes and friends, they both seemed to look away from each other. Harry seemed just as embarrassed as she was upset.

"Hannah said he came to the dorms the other day and asked for me, but I didn't go down and see him," Amora admitted.

"Why not?" Leon frowned. "Don't you want to sort this out?"

"Yes! No- I don't know?" Amora huffed. "At the time, I was still very upset. I mean, he implied that Blaise was using me to get to him! I can't say that it doesn't play on my mind every now and then. I hope he's not right."

"He isn't." Kathy reached across Leon and placed her hand on top of Amora's. "Harry's been acting out of jealousy a lot when it's come to you recently, I think this is just something you're both just going to have to talk out."

Leon pointed a finger at her. "I know you hate it, but sometimes confrontation is key. Tell him straight up: Harry, I don't like you like that. Let's still be friends. Things will go back to normal-- he'll stop acting so weird around you."

She missed the old Harry-- the one that she could hang out in the library with for hours or sit with at lunch without feeling like she was hurting him for not liking him back. Discovering his interest in her had created an awkward divide in their friendship. The faults were a mixture of Amora's uncomfortableness and Harry's jealousy.

"When?" Amora chewed on her bottom lip, knowing that Leon did serve a good argument.

"How about now?" He hissed, smacking her arm when he saw that Harry was heading towards them.