Ch.7: Fae Is A Place Called Home

***Eidon***

I made my way silently through the trees that etched along the compound boundaries. I was ever so careful to keep myself positioned in a way to keep the wind from carrying my scent.

I needed to be discreet until I was home. It wouldn't really matter then as my scent would be all over there.

I trudged on silently, finally relaxing when I broke the treeline and dashed across my backyard. Lucky, Aiden and his cronies weren't out here being assholes tonight.

I glanced in the back window to see the kitchen was empty. I needed to see where everyone was so I could figure out how to get to my room unseen.

I walked over to the next window, Aiden's. I carefully peered in to see him laying in his bed, his face buried in his pillow. His form moved slowly and evenly with each breathe.

That bastard was asleep! How could he have literally ripped his own brother's throat out and be sleeping like a baby?!? No nightmares, no remorse!

I shook my head. It made my heart hurt. We may have our differences, but he is my brother and I have always loved him. Guess the feeling wasn't mutual.

I press myself against the house, using it's shadow to hide me as I risk a quick peek around the corner. Clear. This was good as the next window was mine!

I slowly crept over and pushed the window open. I was in in seconds, carefully pulling myself into my bed.

I quickly closed and locked my bedroom door before grabbing an old backpack out of my closet and slipping the too small sneakers off of my feet. My toes ached, painfully throbbing in protest to being wedge into too small a space.

I flex them before throwing on socks and my own pair of sneakers. I quickly throw as much clothing as I can fit into the backpack and then place it outside the window.

I then grab my wooden stash box from the back of the top shelf of the closet. I pocket what cash I had saved and place it back.

As I was about to crawl back out the window, the door handle jingles.

"What the fuck?" I hear Aiden mutter.

Shit. Shit shit shit.

I quickly close the window and slide under the bed just as he busts the door open.

So much for sleeping like a baby I thought. I look down the length of my body and have a clear view of his feet slowly walking in.

He pauses and I can hear him sniffing. Shit. Don't smell me. Don't smell me. I pray under my breath. He walks over to the shoes I had left in exchange for mine. I see his hand come down and scoops one up.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

How stupid was I?!?

My heart slams against my chest.

His feet move again, I can hear him sniffing again as he approached the closet. He's there only momentarily as he then turns and makes his way to the bed. I'm trying not to panic but his feet are literally inches from my face at this point.

He's sniffing what I think is the window. Please don't see the bag, don't see theeeee baggggg. I hear him grunt slightly. Then he becomes very still.

I can slowly start to see his knee lowering to the ground. It's like it's in slow motion. I'm holding my breathe.

If he thinks he's gonna kill me twice, I've got news for him. I almost growl at the thought but manage to cut myself off ...barely.

His first knee meets the ground as his hand slowly lowers and meets it too. Any second he's going to put his face down and I'll be caught. Seconds tick by...