When September Comes

Random info: This is a kind of long short story so there are no chapters.

Summary: Hi. I'm Zoey. I expected to just go on vacation to California all the way from New York and have the best time of my life. I DID have the best time of my life but not in the way I expected it...A boy named Shane came into my life and we had a blast thorughout the summer. Getting too close worried me though... I had to go back to New York at the end of the summer. He knew that too. Let's see what happens When September Comes. :)

**************************************************************************************************************

"Zoey! We have to leave in the next 10 minutes!" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen.

"Okay, mom! I'll be ready in a minute!"

About a minute later I carry several luggage bags down the hall and into the kitchen where my mom and brother were waiting.

"Can you be any slower?" My brother Ben asked me.

"Sorry... I had to pack a lot of things. We're staying in Cali for the WHOLE summer...."

"It looks like you have your whole room in those bags..."

"You know Ben? You really need to sh-"

"Alright guys... We're about to go to California... Be happy!" My mom interrupted me... Which was probably the best thing to do.

"Fine..." Ben and I said simultaneously in unamused voices.

***Several hours of boring plane ride later***

I felt a rough tap on my shoulder and a voice saying, "wake up, Zoey..."

The voice belonged to Ben. "Are we finally in Cali?" I asked in a sleepy voice.

"Almost...10 minutes to go."

Finally, when I get to Cali I'm going STRAIGHT to the beach... I thought to myself.

About 10 minutes later we arrived in the California Airport. It took what felt like hours to get our luggage together and head to the hotel that we'll be staying at. After getting to our room and getting our things set up in the room, I went into the bathroom and got my bathing suit on under some shorts and a tank top.

"Where are you going?" I heard my mom ask from behind me as I grabbed for the door handle.

I turned around and said, "The beach?"

"It's already 5. You have to eat dinner."

"I'll get something down at the beach... Please??" I begged.

"Fine." My mom said after hesitating for a couple of seconds.

"Thanks mom!" I rushed out the door and walked down to the lobby. The beach was right across from the hotel. I rushed down to the beach ready to start my tanning. Right when my feet touched the sand I fell to the ground after getting bumped into by a stranger. The boy that bumped into me had fallen too.

"I'm so sorry." I fumbled to get my things and stood up. He stood up a few seconds after I did.

"Oh, you forgot this." The boy rushed down to the ground and picked up my sun block. "And it's okay. It was entirely my fault." He gave a cute smile and was about to leave but quickly turned back around and asked, "What's your name?"

I smiled and said, "Zoey."

"I'm Shane." He held his hand out awkwardly.

I couldn't help but notice how adorable yet majorly attractive he was. I shook his hand and he asked, "Mind if I buy you a hot dog?"