Chapter 6 -Autumn Date

The following Sunday...

The day after me and Kanata started dating, she sent me a text during practice saying that she had come up with an idea for what we can do on our date. When I asked what it was she just told me to wait and see. I don't have any idea what her plan is but I'm good with whatever so long as it's with her. Today, I'm meeting up at a nearby park that she asked me to meet her at. I went and sat on a bench on the side of the park where Kanata said she would be coming from. I would love to just lay down in the grass and soak in the sun but since I don't know where we're going, I don't want to get dirty.

After about fifteen minutes, I saw Kanata coming my way with a basket being held in her hands. I got up and waved to her as I walked over to her. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and said "Hey y/n. As you can probably guess from the basket, I was thinking we would have a picnic. I made the food myself."

"That sounds great but if you had told me, I could have helped make it." I said.

"That's true but since you always make sure to save a bit of what you made for me I decided that I'd give you a good taste of my cooking." Kanata said with a smile.

"Okay. That sounds great, it'll be winter in a couple of months and I haven't really spent a day hanging around outside in a while. Here, let me hold the basket for you." I responded while offering my hand.

She handed me the basket and we decided to walk around the park for a bit before we ate. We held hands and started to walk around. The sun was warm and the cool autumn winds brought a perfect balance that felt absolutely great on the skin and the falling leaves were gorgeous. We enjoyed the natural beauty for a while before we found a nice spot.

"Give me a sec, I'll set up the blanket." I said to Kanata as I put the basket down and pulled out a blanket from within it. I set the blanket out and put the basket onto as I sat down. Kanata joined me and pulled out a multi-layered bento box and a thermos. She then started to open it revealing all sorts of foods, just to point out a few, there was rolled omelets, karaage, onigiri, and some slices of apples and oranges.

"This looks great." I said looking at it.

"Thanks. I made it with you in mind. I even had a friend of mine help me find Ichiro between classes so I could ask him what kind of stuff you like."

No wonder the other day Ichiro had such a big grin and said that he hoped that the date turned out good.

Kanata then pulled out chopsticks and picked up a piece of rolled omelet and said "Say ahh~"

I did so and she fed it to me. It was really good and reminded me of the times of the bentos my mom would make for me back home. "That's really good. It reminds me of my mom's cooking."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. In fact, my mom is actually a big inspiration to my cooking today. She used to own a restaurant back home but it closed down when I was little. My mom didn't let it get to her and taught me how to cook. My philosophies about cooking actually were from her too." I explained

"I see. That's really interesting." Kanata said. She then gave me a pair of chopsticks "Now feed me. I want a piece of Karaage."

She's adorable. I picked up a piece of Karaage and fed it to her. We then continued to eat and talked about whatever came to mind.

Once we were done, I laid my back onto the blanket and said "It's great out today. Hey, let's keep talking but I think while we talk I think I'm gonna soak in the sun for a bit.

She ended up lying on her back too and said "I'll join you but I didn't bring my pillow. Do you mind if I use your arm?"

"Go ahead." I answered while moving my arm out for her.

We then laid there just like that and talked for a bit.

---------------------------------

I opened my eyes and realized that I must have fallen asleep at some point. I looked over to where Kanata was earlier and saw that she had fallen asleep too and was still asleep. I really enjoyed today and I think I'll stay like this until Kanata wakes up even if my arm feels like pins and needles right now. Kanata is gorgeous and I'm so glad I met her.

----------------------------------

A/n: Here's the date chapter. I'll probably start the drama in the next chapter. I'll spend a bit of this weekend changing the plans for it because in hindsight the previous plan made the main character frankly look childish and immature and I feel like I could do better.