𝐯𝐢. jaime

CHAPTER SIX

red keep, king's landingthe crownlands

the crownlands

JAIME DESPISED ROBERT, HE WAS A DRUNK AND A FOOL. When he had arrived with Cersei and their father, ha had told his father that she probably had a lovely cunt. Cersei had to hold him back, having to answer back the humiliating question politely. He know understood the dread women must feel when being wedded of to whoremonogers. Even though he would never admit it, Rober was strong, he had the fighting skills, he had a good title. He had everything a man would ever want, yet, he didn't have his love. Despise his hatred for him, he would allow himself to give him some pity. He lost the woman he loved for a dragon. Jaime could still hear those last words Rhaegar had told him, 'protect my family, Jamie' he hated himself for never being able to protect them. He began to think about how life would have been like if he didn't die at the trident.

But, the time where he nearly wanted to kill Robert, was when Jaime noticed a deep crimson and black bruise forming on his sisters cheek. He had been furious, so furious he was sure he was going to kill everyone standing on his way.

Cersei pushed his hand away from her cheek,"It is alright Jamie. He had too much to drink and he was not in the right state of mind."

Jaime scoffed, his hand resting on the sword resting on his side. "I've killed a king for less."

That seemed to shut them both up.

Jaime stared at the iron throne in front of him, representing fear and destruction. The first time he had seen the iron throne, king Aerys on top, was when his father had made Cersei and him accompany him to King's Landing. He hadn't remembered much, but the thing he could remember was the fright in him when he set eyes upon the ugly throne. Now, however it looked like a throne built for a coward. Killed a mad king to get a drunk king in return, Jaime snickered to himself. The Gods much love to play with him.

"I see you are back in front of the iron throne, Lord Jaime." Jaime didn't response, knowing full and well who spoke.

"It was not in my best of memories."

Lord Baelish gave a sly grin, his hands in front of him as he walked to Jaime. The Lord had never lived up to Jaime's expectations, having heard he was a good man, well good man his arse.

"It must have looked beautiful when you killed the mad king," he said, making Jaime curl his fists. Baelish gave him a side glance and a smirk came across his lips. "Eddard Stark finding you on top of the iron throne with your bloodied sword."

Jaime turned to him, sharp, he looked into Baelish eyes and hissed,"You might want to be careful of what you say. I have killed a king, why would I not kill a daft Lord sitting on the council?"

At that, Jaime left leaving a impressed Lord behind him.

He laid in bed accompanied by Cersei, his arm over her shoulders and her head on his chest. They had sat like that for quite a time. They were only there, nothing else. Jaime's eyes trailed down Cersei's bump, his eyes closing as he begun thinking about his pregnant wife at Casterly Rock. He had never felt such a big form of guilt before. Sure he had given her a white rose whenever he had slept with his sister, but they didn't eat him up like this. He knew it was wrong, he felt it, but he couldn't help it. He loved Cersei.

"What will you like to name our child?" Cersei's question breaks him out from his thoughts. He stiffened and looked at her. He took her eyes off of her, the sight of Cersei quickly turning into Joanna.

"Joffrey, perhaps? A strong Lannister name."

Cersei nodded, beaming as she did. She took his hand in hers and began tracing his fingers. "You will have to leave soon, Jaime," his eyes short to her, in disbelief. "The people will notice if you stay here too long and not with your little wolf in Casterly Rock."

He put his hand on her stomach, pulling her to him,"I don't care what everyone thinks, let alone say. It is my child in your womb." He said as he snarled, cursing those who would take him away from them.

Cersei pulled back from his touch a small smile on her lips,"come back when I will give birth to our child then. You know what will happen if Robert finds out."

Jaime shuddered, the imagine of his child being wrapped up in Baratheon cloaks, bloodied.

"Alright"

Jaime stared at Casterly Rock upon his horse, it was still as beautiful as he remembered it when leaving. His party seemed to be trailing behind him, letting it known to everyone that passed by that the Lannister was home.

He could make out his father, standing tall as usual, his wife standing behind him holding a bundle in her arms. Jaime felt his heart quicken. His child. But his mind slowly drifted to the child inside Cersei.

He leapt off the mare, his left hand stroking his fur while staring at them, his eyes still on the child in Joanna's arms. He met her eyes and she gave him a small smile in return, her arms tightening on the child. He looked her over, she was glowing, her figure had somewhat a more mature figure, the way she stood made it seem like she had taken the role of Lady Lannister already. He kept their gaze and walked over. He looked at the bundle in her arms, refusing to lose his gaze.

"A son," beamed Joanna proudly, giving him a wide smile, gesturing for Jaime to take him. "Sterlan Lannister."

Jaime stood there, eyes wide, he had never held a child before, but now he is a father, father to a beautiful boy. He took the boy gently from it's mother's grasp, studying the small infant that laid peacefully in his arms. He was all Lannister, a stock of golden curls on top of his head, skin pale as the snow, and his traits small and delicate. Jaime could not make out his eyes as he had his eyes closed, sleeping soundly. He was truly beautiful, no one could deny that.

"It seems you both did your duty," Tywin told them both, his strict voice shaking Jaime from his thoughts. He looks at him with a crocked eyebrow, questioning wether he really was going to utter more similar words. His father must've noticed.

"I am proud of you both." Tywin told them, his tone changing, he had softened and it reminded him of the times when his mother was alive. A time where he was happy, where all of them was. Cersei had been all smiles and kind gestures, his father easily giving his children and others amiable smiles.

Jaime looked back at Joanna, her smile wide as she looked at them. She seemed happy, so happy. How did he had the right to take away her happiness? She would be miserable, they would be miserable if he told her the truth. So he decided he would not tell her—it was for the best.

That decision would forever stay a mark upon their marriage.

Thanks for reading !

*Huffs* oh jaime.